We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall in Tennessee

South Florida
Level Contributor
281 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Fall in Tennessee

I try to visit Nashville once every season. For the last two years I visited in the last week of October and the trees had not really changed colors. This year I planned for the first week in November and I'm afraid it may be to late. Can someone in Nashville let me know the status of the foliage.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
middle TN
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall in Tennessee

I live about 40 miles northwest of Nashville near the KY-TN border. For the past two year the fall colors have not been very bold due to the lack of rain or lingering warm conditions. This year forecasters are calling for good fall color; the right amount of rain and warm temperatures along with two slight frosts. Our peak viewing time is usually October 20 through 27. We almost always have cool, cloudy, wet weather around Halloween. As I look out my office window this morning I see mostly green leaves on the trees with only the maples and dogwoods midway through the color change. I was in east TN last weekend and the leaves were almost at their peak. I hope this helps, but remember; if we get a cold rain with lots of wind the leaves could be gone in just a few days. I wish you a "good viewing".

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
549 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall in Tennessee

Can anyone recommend a good road to drive into the country from Nashvlle to view foliage changes the weekend of 10-27? Say, up to 50 miles each way or a circle route would be great. Thanks.

3. Re: Fall in Tennessee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 19:19