We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount & grocery shopping

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, MD
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Discount & grocery shopping

Coming into Nashville in a couple of weeks. I enjoy thrift/salvage outlet/consignment store shopping. Will have a car, so driving somewhere isn't a big deal (will be needing to keep myself occupied :-) Does anyone have any suggestions of stores or at least towns? Also, are there any health/natural grocery stores in the area? We have Whole Foods & Trader Joe's up here. Thanks for your assistance - can't wait to come down :-)

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount & grocery shopping

We have a couple of Wild Oats grocery stores here, a Whole Foods just opened up in the Green Hills area.

As for shopping, there are outlet malls in Lebanon and Murfreesboro. Not really outlet malls, but you may want to explore Opry Mills.

If you are into flea markets, the Nashville Flea market is the 4th weekend of every month at the Fairgrounds/Music City Motorplex. It can get EXTREMELY CROWDED on weekends, so get there early.

There are consignment stores throughout the city.

Welcome to Nashville.

Cambridge, MD
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount & grocery shopping

Thanks so much for the info. It is my understanding that Franklin is a nice town as well, so I'm planning to explore there as well :-)

Tennessee
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount & grocery shopping

There are a few stores along the corner of Charlotte Pike and White Bridge Road that range from true thrift (i.e. Salvation army) to smaller stores with nicer furniture. Also, the 8th avenue south area has some antique and vintage stores -- the Dealer's Choice auction held every other friday evening is fun just for the experience!

4. Re: Discount & grocery shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 14:21