We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do....

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do....

My wife, parents and I will be in town June 10th through 12th for the Youth National Rowing Championships. We are there to watch our daughter race and support the rest of her team. My daughter will be with her team when not racing so when not enjoying the racing we would like to explore the area. I haven't found allot to do in Oak Ridge and was looking for suggestions of different things to do and places to go that aren't too far away. Any help would be appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Sevierville...
Level Contributor
32 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do....

The American Museum of Science and Energy is in Oak Ridge as is the Oak Ridge Children's Museum. past that, you are right on the outskirts of Knoxville so there will be plenty to do (Women's Basketball Hall of Fame, Ijam's Nature Center, Knoxville Museum of Art, Market Square).

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
963 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do....

Good luck to your daughter! One thing Oak Ridge does have is a nice rowing venue. I second the AMSE - really well done and worth the stop if you have any interest in science. On the corner of the Oak Ridge turnpike and South Tulane (about 1 long block from AMSE) is the Secret City Memorial Walk/ Garden which describes the history of Oak Ridge and lists many of the original scientists who worked on the Manhattan Project. About a 15 - 20 minute stop but vey informative. 1/4 mile to the West on a walking trail through Bissell Park is the friendship bell presented to Oak Ridge by Japan. The museum of Appalachia is a short drive east - through Clinton and out near I- 75. This is a comprehensive museum of Appalachian culture - very well done if you are into history of the area. More info at this link: http://oakridgevisitor.com/attractions.html

Reply to: Things to do....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oak Ridge