We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking For Show Advice

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking For Show Advice

My family and I are visiting Pigeon Forge in April and I was wondering what shows people would recommend with 2 boys ages 7 and 13. Last year we were lucky enough to take in the Dixie Stampede and we all just LOVED it! This year we are looking at Country Tonite, Comedy Barn or maybe Black Bear Jamboree. I have also heard that there is a new magic show opening up sometime this month. Your opinions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Cookeville...
Level Contributor
160 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking For Show Advice

I have been to the Comedy Barn several times. My son and niece (ages 11 and 8) both love it! It has a variety of comic acts, and they change periodically. We had to buy the DVD of the show and my son has watched it many times. They also have some good country music intermingled in.

I have also been to the Black Bear Jamboree. It is a very good show and the food is good...not great...but good. It is a show that I would want to go to again. It has a variety of different types of music. My favorite part were the little "Disney" like animitron bears in the walls that came on and talked throughout the show.

I would highly recommend both of them.

Lower Alabama
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking For Show Advice

Well Dixie Stampede is No.1 in our family. Country Tonite and Comedy Barn are good . I do not like the food at Black Bear Jamboree so when I see a show I want a good dinner to go with it. We always choose Dixie Stampede when we go and the saloon show and the main show are always different each time . I heard this year they have added a Sounthern Barbque scene .

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking For Show Advice

Grandson is 5 and he would say he loves Dixie Stampede. Comedy Barn held his attention the entire show. He really liked the dog part of the show. Grandson loved Black Bear, we got him the cd and he likes to watch himself on the stage. Like the previous poster said, food is ok, nothing great. The show itself has alot of singing and dancing for the adults, and every so often, they switch to the animated bear to keep the kids attention. I doubt we go back to the Black Bear for a few years until the next grandchild is old enough to take. It just seems to me that Dixie really knows how to keep people from ages 1-99 really interested in the show. If you have not seen the Christmas show at Dixie, you must sometime, it is even better than the regular in my opinion Some morning during the trip, stop in at Dixie and let the boys see the horses from the outside. .We were not impressed with Country Tonite, not that it was horrible, we were just not blown away with the show. I know alot of people like it though.

4. Re: Looking For Show Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge