We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollywood Christmas

Jackson, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Dollywood Christmas

We will be in Pigeon Forge in a little over a week Dollywood will have the Christmas lights up and only be open on Saturday and Sunday the short 5 days we will be there which is best for us to go Saturday or Sunday. I thought Maybe Saturday since lots of people are in transit either coming or going on Saturday. Which is best?? Thanks for any help.

25 replies to this topic
U.S.
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Dollywood Christmas

Check the hours, and if either day has more operating hours, you could go for that.

I think that many guests at this time will be closer guests from the area. I think that Sunday might be the slower day, since people might want to see the lights on Saturday evening, so they can head back on Sunday. Sunday might have local season passholders, who will arrive mid-day, and not be as busy when they open on that morning.

If the weather is nice, and you want to experience as much of the park that is operating, and not just the Christmas shows and lights, I think they still have the Arrive after 3:00 and come back the next day. that could be an option as well.

Edited: 24 October 2017, 03:37
Jackson, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Dollywood Christmas

Thank you, I might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the next day option isn’t available during Christmas time.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
596 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Dollywood Christmas

we are visiting the weekend of the 10th in November and will be visiting Dollywood for the first time just for the xmas decor and shows. I have been asking many questions on this forum to get some good insider info. Enjoy your visit!!!

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Dollywood Christmas

Darn, I do see in the fine print, Next Day Free ends at the end of Oct.

Sorry!!!!!

Edited: 24 October 2017, 15:37
Atoka, Tennessee
Level Contributor
185 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Dollywood Christmas

…reservepigeonforge.com/da/dollywood-tickets…

6pm for Christmas at Dollywood

Edited: 24 October 2017, 16:48
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,803 posts
96 reviews
6. Re: Dollywood Christmas

That opening weekend for Dollywood Xmas is bound to be crowded, so fair warning.

Hours change significantly for Xmas season, with Sat & Sun being only 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM on both days.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Dollywood Christmas

Since Dollywood is closed from 10/29 through 11/3 putting up all the Christmas lights and decorations, I imagine that first weekend will be busy. I would pick Sunday over Saturday as lots of people leave on Sunday. Of course there are a lot of local residents with season passes too. I say go and enjoy the Christmas Lights and shows. Expect large crowds and be pleased if the crowds are not too bad.

Enjoy

Jackson, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Dollywood Christmas

I am thinking since it will be crowded both days I will let the weather decide for me!!

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
265 reviews
9. Re: Dollywood Christmas

what exactly is Dollywood Christmas? We have never been to Dollywood before. Are all the shows Christmas shows? Do they have Christmas lights everywhere? Why are the park hours so short? Can we really see everything from 2-9pm? I see you can enter after 6pm & ten the next day is free so is that enough time to see the whole park?

Jackson, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Dollywood Christmas

The next day option isn’t available for the Christmas schedule. The hours change you need to find the schedule online. I’ve never been during Christmas time but all I have read says the lights and shows are all spectular!! Everything is geared to Christmas with special shows and lots of lights! We will be going in a little over a week. Can’t wait!!

Reply to: Dollywood Christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted