We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic now?

jc tenn
Level Contributor
567 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traffic now?

We are going to PF this weekend. Will the traffic be bad enough to requrie a different approach from I-40 than exit 407?

TIA,

KC

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,498 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic now?

If arriving on either Friday or Saturday evening, yes, traffic is usually bad.

When are you arriving? If after about 3:00 PM on Friday or after 12:00 noon on Saturday, try another route in.

jc tenn
Level Contributor
567 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic now?

We will be arriving around dinnertime Saturday - coming from the East on I-40. What do you recommend?

Thanks!!!

KC

alabama
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic now?

Just get off of I-40 at the 443 exit.Take that short section of the Foothills parkway to Hwy 321 near Cosby,and take it straight into Gatlinburg.Real easy scenic drive,takes about 45 minutes.

alabama
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traffic now?

And I guess I should have paid better attention to what you wrote.But those directions should still work out for Pigeon Forge if you just hang a right onto the parkway there in Gatlinburg.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traffic now?

I would get off at exit 417 and go throught Dandridge, TN. The road goes across Douglas Lake. It's a little curvy, but eventually you will come out on TN 411 at the Bush's Bean Factory. Turn right and it will take you to Sevierville. Then, you can either go back to the Parkway or turn left on Veterans Blvd and go into PF that way. We came in that way last June and it seemde to save time. Exit 407 was backed up on to I-40 when we came in.

Mentioned in this post
Dandridge
Dandridge
Tennessee
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
6. Re: Traffic now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 09:23