We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquarium - How Long?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
161 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Aquarium - How Long?

Hi Everybody,

Well, I am hard at work planning our fabulous vacation for August. The kids and I are looking forward to seeing the aquarium. Several of you have listed it as a "must do".

My question is how much time should we plan on being there? I know this is a very individual thing, but is it the kind of place you spend the whole day at, two or three hours, or can you walk through it in an hour or so?

Hearing from several of you would really help, especially those of you with kids.

Thanks again,

debbie

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aquarium - How Long?

You will love the aquarium and so will your kids....besides just seeing the sharks and other species, there is the underwater tunnel... 10 different exhibits to visit, you can pet stingrays, hold horseshoe crabs, and watch the hourly diving show...there is a gift shop and a "feeding frenzy" snack bar and the Veranda restaurant...we took our grandson and he didn't want to leave....so allow plenty of time for your kids to enjoy everything.....according to how interested they are in this type of attraction, I would plan on at least two or three hours

Pikeville, Ky.
Level Contributor
146 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aquarium - How Long?

While I've never been to this aquarium, I have been to the one in Myrtle Beach a couple times. I would allow 3 hours to enjoy all the attractions but if you just want to get in and out, it could easily be done in an hour. Just take your time and enjoy it though.

SC
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aquarium - How Long?

My husband and I went yesterday, it took us less than 2 hours to go all the way through. There were not many people in there at all when we went at 6:30pm. If you were going earlier in the day, I would allow more time. It appeared to be a lot busier as we passed by several times during the day. I hope this helps!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aquarium - How Long?

We spend about 2-3 hours each of the 3 times we have visitied. However, you said you were going in August, and If it is prior to the kids going back to school, it will be quite crowded, and will likely take longer. The last 2 weeks in August you will probably have the place to yourself.

South Carolina
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Aquarium - How Long?

debbie,

I have two young girls, and they love it. It usually takes us 2-3 hours to get through. There may also be some educational mini-seminars going on. My older daughter (she was 7 last year when we went) really enjoyed that. If you do that kind of thing, it might take a little longer. I would not rush the kids though. Let them determine the timing, as they will constantly be learning the entire time they are there. Have fun!!

Raymond

6. Re: Aquarium - How Long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge