We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dixie stampede question!!!

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
dixie stampede question!!!

does anyone know if there is a seating chart online for the dixie stampede???

I just called to check on our reservations and they said we are in section J-2...

but I don't know what that means...

do you?????

thanks,

Kendra

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: dixie stampede question!!!

There is no seating chart online....several months someone had asked the same question on this forum...I will try to find the thread for you.....I believe someone answered with the locations of the various seating areas...I'll get back with you in a few....

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: dixie stampede question!!!

Ok..the only thing I can tell you for sure is that Section L1 is front and center...I checked the threads and couldn't come up with any other help. You could probably call and ask where J2 is located in relation to front & center section L1. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dixie stampede question!!!

thanks spalmsinger....

I was just curious...the guy from the dixie stampede said they were great seats.... but, I wouldn't expect him to say anything else,

he said they are right in the horseshoe of the arena... I took that to mean around the curve area??? does that seem right???

anyway I'm sure we will have a wonderful time....

thanks again....K........

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dixie stampede question!!!

Ooooops!!! SORRY I spelled your name wrong!!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: dixie stampede question!!!

We had seats top row center one year (don't remember what the letter or section was though) and they were excellent...but to tell you the truth, we've never had "bad" seats where ever we've been placed! I think they start with A as the closest loop to the arena and go up from there, I'm not sure about the section numbers though. The only place that might creep me out a little would be front and center down by arena where stuff might fly into my food (which a strategically placed napkin would be a problem solver!). The arena is divided North and South and you root your side on (maybe odd numbers on one side and even on the other? with the lowest numbers in the "center" of the horshoe, radiating out?). There is also a really good pre-show, so try to get there a little early for that. Drinks and snacks cost extra in there, you get your drink (non-alcoholic) in a plastic boot cup.

Have a good time while you are there!

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dixie stampede question!!!

thanks....

I have heard several people say that there isn't a bad seat.... so hopefully thats right... I'm sure its alot of fun ...based on all the TA reviews....

24 more days!!!!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dixie stampede question!!!

kennylax,

we've gone to many Dixie Stampede shows over the years, and all the seats are good. The only section I would not want is the one right next to the arena doors where the riders and animals come out from the barn area, and those are not 'bad' seats, it's just that there is so much action, and things happen so fast, till the horses and riders can be out and several feet down the arena before you realize it!!

The last time we were there, our section was F section; we were very happy with our seats. Sounds like you will almost be in the center of the "U" shaped arena since "L" is front and center, our section F was great seats, so "J" should be even closer to front and center. Relax!

btw, I've never found a seating chart on line. If you've never been, stop by the DS earlier in the day and walk around and see all the horses in their stalls; there is a placard over each stall that tells the horses' names, and a short history of them. Then look for those horses during the show!

8. Re: dixie stampede question!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge