We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollywood in October

Georgia
Level Contributor
477 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dollywood in October

We are planning a trip to PF in 2nd week of Oct. Is Dollywood very crowded that time of year? We are also thinking of renting a cabin or condo. We are looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom and would like it close to Dollywood. Any Suggestions?

Cookeville...
Level Contributor
161 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollywood in October

We went in Oct. 2005 and it was not crowded. We did not have to wait very long at all to ride things. Remember though that it is rather chilly in the mts. and the water rides may not be open. We have stayed in the cabins at the golfview resort and it is very nice. It is about 1/4 of a mile (if that far) to the entrance to Dollywood. You can google it or look on VRBO.com. They have cabins and condos. There is also a new condo development close to Dollywood. I think it is called Riverstone or something. Someone else on here may be able to tell you the exact name.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollywood in October

Here are 2 possiblities for cabins/chalets near Dollywood:

Absolutely Wonderful- 4 BR/3BA

http://www.jenderslogcabin.com/

or Bear Haven- 3 BR/2BA

http://www.vrbo.com/82861

Both cabins are rented by owner and are within 3-4 miles of Dollywood.

Lisa

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollywood in October

We just got back from the area on Thursday and we stayed in a cabin at Hidden Springs Resort. We got it throughTimber Tops Cabin Rentals. Hidden Springs is off of McCarter Hollow Road. It's the road that goes between Dollywood and Splash Country. There are several different companies that have cabins in Hidden Springs, or you can get them straight from Hidden Springs. They had cabins of every size in this resort area. We found it to be very convinient to PF and Sevierville.

Dollywood has a lot of music in October, especially if you like Southern Gospel Music. There are major groups from that genre of music there nearly everyday. If you don't know what Southern Gospel is, it's the style that Dollywood's Kingdom Heirs and The Miracle Theater's Triumphant Quartet or The Blackwoods at Black Bear Jamboree do.

It will be quite a bit more expensive in October for most kinds of lodging in the area because of the Fall Color Change. If you can go then, it's worth it though.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,114 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollywood in October

If you plan to go to Dollywood in October, go on a weekday, not a weekend, to miss the large crowds.

October is the second highest month for visitation in the area, so expect some crowds regardless.

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollywood in October

Couple of years ago I went in October and there were alot of music shows. I even got to see John Anderson, from a front row in one of the theaters. I love country music, and Swingin' is a favorite song of mine, so I was delighted to see him perform. Lot's of Gospel acts as someone previously mentioned in October. The Dollywood website usually lists performers.

6. Re: Dollywood in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge