We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

Indiana
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

I read a post that warned that the restaurants were not non-smoking. When we went to Pigeon Forge back in 1999 we seem to remember that every restaurant we went to was non-smoking. I remember thinking how great it was since I have smoke allergies and it makes it difficult for me to go to many restaurants. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if it is or is not. I'd also like to know if Gatlinburg or any of the other area close by are or are not. Thanks

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,703 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

As of July 1st, every restaurant in the state is going "no smoking" because a new law banning smoking in public places goes into affect that day.

I'm looking so forward to this!!! I have terrible allergies to any kind of smoke (including the kind from wildfires) and I'm glad I won't have to sufffer inside restaurants anymore.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

Sounds good to me, too. I don't have smoke allergies, but I don't like smelling cigarettes while I'm trying to enjoy my meal.

I've never understood why some people insist on smoking in a restaurant, anyway. Even if it's not the law, smoking outside is still more polite than forcing others to inhale, too.

***Sorry! Didn't mean to get on a soapbox!***

pekin IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

Being a smoker, I've enjoyed many a meal in PF and GB without lighting up. Old Mill and the Apple Barn, in particular, have been smoke free, and they are a must when I'm in the area. I won't shun a restaurant that's non-smoking, I like to believe I can sit thru a meal without a cigarette. A night in a bar, now that's a WHOLE other story..........

Indiana
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

Oh, I am so happy to hear this. Thanks

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

I just spoke to a lady in Gatlinburg and she said every place in Gatlinburg was smoke free, the bars and restaraunts. I am not a smoker, but those that do normally like to smoke in bars. I guess some will not be too happy with not being able to light up while drinking. I however do not drink or go to bars so it will not bother me and I am glad that all the restaraunts are going to be smoke free. Now I wonder how we could get them to stop smoking on the sidewalks????

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

I still think the rights to allow or not allow anything should be with business owners because when it comes down to it I think we are letting the government take too much control over our rights!

pekin IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

Well put, chasm......

Monticello, Indiana
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

Amen, Chasm!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
47 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

I can't understand what gives anyone the "right" to blow smoke in my face and fill my childrens lungs with second hand smoke. I'm thrilled Tennessee passed this law and am working hard to push the same legislation through in North Carolina.

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Pigeon Forge No Smoking?

I agree with chasm, and I’ll post my thoughts ..it may be the last time I’ll be posting on this forum, because I’ll probably make a lot of enemies after this , but you who complain about the cigarette smoke in restaurants don't think a thing about sitting in your closed up cabin, and throwing another log onto your wood burning fireplace...you reek of wood smoke, and when you are seated next to me, the smell of wood smoke is so overpowering I can't enjoy my meal....when are we going to ban fireplaces ? You will walk and sit on the GB/PF strip for hours, with all the exhaust fumes from all the traffic, yet we don't hear any complaints and you look forward to tomorrow so you can do it all over again... and you will no doubt enjoy the huge fireworks display on the 4th of July. Ever noticed all the smoke left in the air from that....but you will be there, breathing it all in, and saying how beautiful it was.

As for being offensive, what about that third or fourth beer or cocktail that you had with dinner....you'll hop right into you car, run a stoplight and hit me broadside...but you will be the one to complain if you couldn't go into you favorite restaurant and down a few, then get loud and obnoxious, and ruin a nice quite dinner for those of us who don't indulge and are seated near you...when are we going to ban drinking in public places ? And what about those of you using your "four letter " words in public? You don't care if the small children seated next to you are hearing words that they are asking the meaning of, and are too young know, nor do you care that we are offended or embarrassed to hear them... when are we going to ban foul language in public places ?

As for the health issues....you don't want to be around people who smoke, but you will go ahead and take your prescription drugs and diet pills with side effects more dangerous than the problem you are taking it for, you will continue to eat your processed food so chucked full of preservatives that it doesn't even have to be refrigerated, you will continue to buy your meat from stores where it has a shelf life of 15 days, and you will drink all that "pure" water stored in warehouses for weeks, in plastic bottles made in factories that use phosgene and other deadly gases and chemicals, and you will continue drinking your diet sodas with aspartame, totally oblivious of its dangers.

I don't have a problem with not lighting up in a public place, I am careful not to smoke around my friends who don't smoke, asking them first if they mind, and I don't smoke in their cars or in their homes....but smoking is not the only thing that is offensive or harmful, and I, for one, am getting just a little tired of it all. As for you non-smokers, hang around a while longer, and we'll see how you "bandwagon" when your freedoms and rights start getting taken away...I fear that this is just a “preview” of a much bigger picture.