We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Crowds

We are thinking about a last minute trip on Sunday and Monday. I know since it is July 4th, it will be busy. I read on another thread that the first part of the week should be ok. Any opinions on this from the locals?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowds

sunshine & sand,you aren't the only one wondering about the crowds on the week of July 4th.The hubby to be and I thought about coming over but don't want it to be too crowded. Could someone please pass along a little info about this? Thanks bunches and I love this board.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowds

Because it is prime time for family vacations, GB/PF will be crowded until the kids go back to school mid-August. So, I think many will be staying throughout the week.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowds

Yes it will be crowded, but I can't say how crowded since I have not been there that close to the 4th. With it falling in the middle of the week, it's hard to say how crowded Sunday and Monday will be. Grab a map and use the backroads as much as you can. That will be a tremendous help.

If you can not find a map in such a sort time, you can go into mapquest and find the backroads. Let us know if you want help with that.

smoliesgrl

4. Re: Crowds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 14:27