We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollywood question???

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
253 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Dollywood question???

Is Dreamland Forest included in the price of Dollywood?

Also, I've saw several places where you can purchase discount tickets up and down the main road there, is this a scam, or how does it work, (specifically tickets for DW). I guess I am just surprised that the actual businesses would allow this???

Thanks in advance for any info!!!

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollywood question???

Once you get your ticket for Dollywood, everything inside is included in the price,( all rides,&shows ) except food and other things you want to purchase. There are discounts to be had.....I believe Wendys & McDonalds have a $5 off the ticket price with purchase....only in Tn... I'm not sure what you have to purchase..and some hotels/cabin rental companies offer discounted tickets for their customers.....also, if you go after 3:00 on the first day, you get the next entire day for free. That's a good bargin if you have children wanting to return. Watch out for some of the "discount price tickets" along the strip....a lot of them are timeshare traps.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,133 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollywood question???

Yes, nearly all the of the so-called "discount" ticket places along the strip are time-share scams.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollywood question???

Hi darkkitten

Here are two discounts available this year for Dollywood - no strings attached, other than a small purchase. The discounts are available at east Tennessee McDonald's and Wendy's. At Wendys you have to purchase a drink and the discount is good for up to 4 tickets. Not sure what you have to buy at McDonald's. Both places will save you $5.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollywood question???

Your kids will love Dreamland Forest, they can shoot foam balls out of a "cannon" like gun at each other from a large treehouse, even grandpa got into the act helping grandson, while I had to hustle and pick up foam balls for them. You could easily spend an hour here. Some hotels have the buy 1 day get next day free coupons. You just buy it from the hotel.

anderson, sc
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollywood question???

Vacation Lodge in Pigeon Forge has a deal where you can buy Dollywood tickets through them and get 2 days for the price of 1, and it is not a scam because I have done it before.

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dollywood question???

I beleive if the hotel/resort has a package that would be OK. If you have any reservations on doing it just call the toll free number of the hotel and ask if there is any strings attached. Mypigeonforge.com offers alot of those thoughout the year. I think smokygirl is talking about is the discounts tickets places that suck you into a 3-4 hour timeshare coma. It's a shame there is so many of those everywhere you turn. I tried tried something and it seems to work pretty well.

Brettman

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dollywood question???

This is from the Splash Country and Dollywood websites. The Wendy's discount is $5 off at Splash Country with a specially marked 32 oz. cup. Good through Sept. 16, 2007. McDonald's discount is $5 off a Dollywood child's admission with the purchase of a full price adult admission with a limit of four discount child admissions with four adult admissions per coupon. Coupons are available at McDonalds in the Knoxville/ Tri-Cities area. Good through Aug 5, 2007.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
253 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dollywood question???

Thanks to all who replied to my question, I figured the discount tickets on the strip had something funny going on! The Wendy's discount is a good idea, as the McDonalds offer ends to early for us.

This will be our first time at Dollywood, looking forward to it!

Thanks again!

Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dollywood question???

About the only "Discount Ticket" establishment that I know of is Discount Show Tickets. They are setup in the Comedy Barn, Black Bear Jamboree, and Miracle Theater (maybe even Magic Beyond Belief as well). They do not sell any Dollywood, Splash Country, or Dixie tickets, though. What they do sell is legit...they simply buy tickets in bulk from theaters and resale them at a discounted rate...no strings attached. You can see everything they offer at www.discountshowtickets.com

Here are Dollywood's official specials

dollywood.com/special-offers/default.aspx…

BTW, you will most likely not find any discounted tickets for sale for any Dollywood or Ripley's attraction. They pulled their contracts from various places a couple of years ago.

10. Re: Dollywood question???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 05:27
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge