We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DO NOT rent from Aunt Bugs Cabin Rentals!!

NC
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
DO NOT rent from Aunt Bugs Cabin Rentals!!

My wife and I stayed in a cabin that was actually very nice and seemed completely new. It was for our second anniversary and we wanted it to be special. First off, the fireplace didn't not work, which was obviously one of the main reasons we booked it. We called every single day, multiple times and no one bothered to fix it. Also, they obviously have no return policy for you personal items, seeing as it has been almost 10 months and I still haven't recieved my prescription eyeglasses back! Also, READ THEIR POLICY BEFORE YOU RENT! They basically say they are not responsible for anything broken in the cabin before you enter and you get no return in inclimate weather (the cabins are on the side of a STEEP mountain and there is ABSOLUTELY NO VEHICLE ON EARTH that could climb it in sleet or ice!) Also, ask for a cabin not overlooing the gurgling expanse of the sewage fill!

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DO NOT rent from Aunt Bugs Cabin Rentals!!

Sewage filled Yuck What exactly are you saying? Do they dump raw sewage out? YucK YucK!!!!!

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
828 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DO NOT rent from Aunt Bugs Cabin Rentals!!

I am sorry that you had a bad experience, but the policy in most of the cabins I have rented stated that the fireplace was not for use during the summer months. I am not sure if this is Aunt Bugs policy or not. And also in the last cabin I rented it stated in the policy that I signed that they were not responsible for you leaving your belongings in the cabin and no refunds for incliment weather. It is always best to fully read the rental agreement before you decide whether to stay with a certain cabin company.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: DO NOT rent from Aunt Bugs Cabin Rentals!!

I think it's pretty much a consensus on here that Aunt Bug's is not a desirable company - many bad reviews. However, the things you mentioned ( not responsible for things that don't work, etc..) is pretty standard for the cabin industry in that area.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: DO NOT rent from Aunt Bugs Cabin Rentals!!

What ever happened to the customer service part, you know the part that states you just spent major money with a company and they will do everthing they can to make you happy and maybe you will be a return customer. I wonder what happened to that idea? In this day and age, I'm actually shocked when I go somewhere and people act as if they want my business. You know the ones, where you get service with a smile & Thank You, not dirty looks because the worker has to get off their tails. The good people and places are out there, it is just a job to find them now. I hate spending money places and in return get treated as if I was a beggar or a problem. This has become a major problem in the world, and I am tired of it.

NC
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: DO NOT rent from Aunt Bugs Cabin Rentals!!

to misscrispy: they don't physically dumb sewage in it. All of the septic lines from most of the cabins run downhill into a huge swimming pool sized/shaped area filled with gravel, with a nice, pleasant-looking razor wire fence around it. It constantly made these horrible sucking sounds.

to lwn1019: I'm sure the policy for no fireplace in the summer is logical, but we happened to be there in high-teen temperature October (I don't guess I stated that originally). And about the not responsible for things left behind; that goes directly with ddmom's point about customer service. Now, I can understand if someone left a hat or a half eaten box of cereal, but this was a pair of prescription eyeglasses! I mean I might actually need those to see or something. We stayed in nice B&B in Black Mountain, NC once and left a pair of dress pants there. Three days later, without a call or anything, they were sitting in a UPS package on my doorstep. That's the type of establishment I want to frequent!

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: DO NOT rent from Aunt Bugs Cabin Rentals!!

you know, I suppose I was brought up in a different generation, when employees took pride in their jobs, and kids were taught respect for elders, respect for someone else's property, respect for each other. I remember getting a spanking from my father once for calling my elderly neighbor by his first name instead of Mr. xxx . Course, I had heard other people calling him by his first name, so I guess I figured it was ok...I learned quickly that it wasn't. I had a hard time when I worked in a Doctors office much later in life, calling people by their first names, even though it was casual and even the Doctor did...I still use Mr/Mrs. when speaking to other people. My father drilled into my brain..."when you work for someone, you do the best job you can do...and if you decide to leave a job, you leave it better than how you found it. " I think a big problem today is that there is a generation of children that were not taught respect, or work ethics....and that is the generation that is "serving" us in the businesses today. Our grandson, who lives with us, is being taught the same way I was taught by my father....hopefully, other parents are doing the same....but, sadly, I just don't see it.

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DO NOT rent from Aunt Bugs Cabin Rentals!!

you know it is sad that you just have to "hope" that everything will be clean and in good working order when you rent a cabin or chalet, we rented a cabin from sugar maple cabins in the middle of july and while everything was great for us we knew going in that there are "NO" refunds for any kind of situations that may happen while you are there.... now, we paid $1385.00 for a 6 night stay... can you imagine how terrible that would have been to find a dirty cabin or worse maybe no airconditioning.... that doesn't change thier policy you really do just have to rent at your own risk.... and hope that if a problem arises that they will do the right thing and get it taken care of as quickley as possible... after all there are plenty of other places that you can take your money to.......

just a thought...... Kendra

8. Re: DO NOT rent from Aunt Bugs Cabin Rentals!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge