We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Maple Cabin "Blue Skies" driving?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gibsonton, Florida
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sugar Maple Cabin "Blue Skies" driving?

My husband and I just booked the "Blue Skies" cabin through Sugar Maple Cabins. I've read the reviews here and my only concern at this point is the drive to the cabin. We were going to take the car, but we've settled on taking our Jeep. It's a Liberty and does not have 4 wheel drive, is this going to make the drive difficult for us?

We JUST booked and this is our first trip to TN together, so I'm not sure what exactly is in the cabin. I was thinking about cooking us big breakfasts every morning, but do I need to pack dishes or are those provided?

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sugar Maple Cabin "Blue Skies" driving?

We just returned from Starr Crest Resort which backs right up against where you are staying. Starr Crest & Sugar Maple are sister companies I think. While the roads are very steep - any vehicle will do unless you going in winter. Don't think I'd attempt driving those roads without 4x4 capability if there were the possiblity of snow. Your car should be fine, perhaps even better if sitting up higher in the Liberty might bother you on those winding, steep hills with some sharp drop-offs.

As far as dishes go - if you have a favorite cooking pot/pan I would bring it as these cabins are all very new and may not have exactly what you need. We had planned on cooking a lot in our cabin and ended up not being able to because we didn't have any pans large enough to cook for a family of four. We also didn't have any non-stick pans. So if you have a favorite I'd toss it in the car.

If it's just the two of you I would think all of your needs will be met just fine with what's already there.

I know the pictures don't show it but don't be surprised if you get there and you have cabins right next to you. there is a good amount of construction going on (not bothersome). Most pictures are taken from an angle that make it look like you are the only cabin in the world. But this is a pretty populated area as cabins go.

That cabin in gorgeous! You're going to have a wonderful stay :)

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sugar Maple Cabin "Blue Skies" driving?

we stayed with sugar maple a few weeks ago in starrcrest resort.. and while the roads are steep and a little curvy its not bad... we just dropped it in a lower gear when we would come down the mountain to save on wear and tear on our brakes...

as for the cabin, we had everything we needed except for matches for the grill... there were only 2 of us so the soap and detergent and t.paper and towels were plenty for us... I took supplies just in case but we were fine.....our cabin had pots, pans, dishes, glasses, silverware,it even had an icemaker in the freezer...

have a great trip... I hope you enjoy yourself as much as we did!!!

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sugar Maple Cabin "Blue Skies" driving?

I mow this yard and it is not by the Sugar Maple cabin office area or by starrcrest resort. It is west of light 3 (321, Wears Valley road) about 10 miles or so, then right up the hill about 4 more miles. It is on the west side of Wears Valley. The drive to there is fine. I pull a trailer full of mowing stuff up there to that area all the time and never have any problems. The road going up the hill is a little winding but it is plenty wide enough and not super steep. A car would be fine. That cabin is pretty nice. Has a great view to the west. You should not have to take anything there but food. Sugar Maple makes sure all their cabins have a pretty full stocked kitchen of pots and pans and other things. Maybe I'll see you up there if it is time to mow that area. Hope this helps.

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sugar Maple Cabin "Blue Skies" driving?

Also, there isn't any construction there at all. There is a cabin to the right a few hundred feet away, not close, and to the left is woods. Nothing on that side at all.

5. Re: Sugar Maple Cabin "Blue Skies" driving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge