We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pigeon Ford- where's the nearest airport?

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pigeon Ford- where's the nearest airport?

Hi All-

Just got our family reunion update for next June and it will be in... Pigeon Ford! I'm just starting to figure out where everything is and what there is to do- my first question is where is the nearest airport? I'm assuming Knoxville has one or do you fly into Asheville?

Looks like Dollywood is a must see and I'm really looking forward to seeing the Smokies...

Mentioned in this post
Knoxville
Knoxville
Tennessee
Asheville
Asheville
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Dollywood
Dollywood
14,430 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pigeon Ford- where's the nearest airport?

I'm pretty sure the McGhee Tyson Airport in Knoxville is the nearest airport. I've never flown into there, so I can't really comment on it. I'm sure someone will come on here that has more info.

I do want to let you know that it's Pigeon Forge, not Pigeon Ford, just in case you try to look up some things on the internet and can't find what you're looking for because you typed Ford instead of Forge :)

A family reunion in the area sounds like fun! Hope yall have a blast.

Mentioned in this post
Knoxville
Knoxville
Tennessee
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pigeon Ford- where's the nearest airport?

McGhee-Tyson in Alcoa, TN

http://www.tys.org/

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pigeon Ford- where's the nearest airport?

oops- I guess I really am new to this- nothing like making a 1st impression- thanks for the link to the airport...

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pigeon Ford- where's the nearest airport?

We have also been toying with the idea of a family reunion in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge as we have family spread across the country. Sevier county has been a logical place for our family in the past. Most will be able to drive, but we will have to fly from California. I usually fly into the Knoxville airport (TYS), as it is the closest airport. I have tried Nashville to save money on airfare, but the drive was much longer. I did not like having to drive all the way back to Nashville after a relaxing mountain vacation. I have heard that the drive from the Asheville airport is very beautiful, although longer than from Knoxville. Where are you planning to stay for your reunion and how many of you will be getting together?

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Knoxville
Knoxville
Tennessee
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Asheville
Asheville
North Carolina Mountains, NC
5. Re: Pigeon Ford- where's the nearest airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge