We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PF in December

North Carolina
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Topic
PF in December

Hello my hubby-to-be and i will be coming to PF and will be staying on the 10th and the 11th so that we can see the lights since we have never seen them.We also need a nice and reasonably priced motel and so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.We would like to get a reservation made ASAP. Take care everyone.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,696 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PF in December

i always recommend the EconoLodge Riverside. The rooms are always clean, they have a large indoor pool and you can feed the ducks around back at the river....well, not me, my kids...ok, sometimes me, too!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,696 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PF in December

Sorry, forgot to include a link to their website:

http://www.econolodge-pigeonforge.com/

The Christmas lights are beautiful. Dollywood is wonderfully decorated, too. Have a great trip!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PF in December

I agree with the Econolodge Riverside, great place. We have stayed at many different places in PF and Econo is our fav. PF is spectacular at Christmas time.

4. Re: PF in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2007, 20:39
North Carolina
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: PF in December

Thanks so much for the replies to my thread and they have been very helpful in trying to make a decision on where to stay.We have looked at the Econo Lodge and it looks nice and we will also take the advice of luvsmokys and will look into the American Bear Cabin.

We stayed in a cabin with Timber Tops back in February called A Foggy Mountain Dream and it was awesome and would love to stay in a cabin again. Thanks again for the help and we hope do decide soon and are so looking forward to seeing the lights.Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Wish I was in...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PF in December

You should try the trolley tour of lights. You ride around in a trolley and they tell you the history of PF and explain all of the different light scenes. We did the one in PF last year and we enjoyed it. They also give a tour in GB.

Here's the info on it from mypigeonforge.com...

12/3/2007- 2/28/2007 Winterfest Trolley Tour of Lights

Fun Time Trolley Station @ Patriot Park, 6 p.m., Mon.-Fri. (except Dec. 25); $5.00. Call (865)453-6444 for reservations.

South Mississippi
Level Contributor
245 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PF in December

Hi! We like to stay at the Best Western Toni Inn in PF. It is right across from Dixie Stampede. They have very good rates and an indoor pool also. It is very clean.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: PF in December

Firefighterzgrl,thanks so much for letting us know about the trolley tour of the lights and hearing the history of PF which does sound like it would be very interesting we will have to check that out for sure.This site is so helpful and I just love it.Thanks again.

9. Re: PF in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 21:20
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge