We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

I will be there in about 9 days. We have never taken in a show at the Dixie Stampede. Can anyone tell me how good the Christmas show is? How would you guys rate this?

Thanks!

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
878 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

We really enjoyed the Stampede Christmas show! It's been a few years since we went, but they had pretty much the regular show with a Christmas section added. They had a live nativity scene. If you have never been to the Stampede you need to go. I think most everyone would say this is a must do at least once. Food is delicious. They have a preshow group that is good also.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

The Christmas show is absolutely fantastic! The live nativity scene, the angels descending from the ceiling, the narration of the Christmas story, all reminds us yet again of what Christmas is truly about. Google "christmas at dixie stampede, and see clips from the Christmas show. It is so refreshing to see a performance where they are not afraid to say "Merry Christmas".

Of course, the fun and games are all based on Christmas elves and the "north and south" rivalry.

I highly recommend the Christmas Show.

bwj

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

We went to the Christmas Stampede show and it was over the top great. They have lots of animals in the live nativity they re-enact. I would love to take grandson to see this, but it is so hard with school. I know when we are in the area, we will see this again.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

we will be there too in 7 more sleeps~ and that is something my DH never says what he wants to do on a vacation he just leaves that up to me to get the plan started but that is something he always requests when we go to the smokies he wants to see his "Dolly" and get his "soup" lol...........

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

If you've never been to Dixie Stampede, then X-mas is the best time to go. We took our friends a few years ago and they loved it and they normally don't like stuff like that. My kids were not with us that year and I can't wait to take them one day.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

Please let us know when you get back how it was. We have never been either but we bought tickets for the day after Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see the santa on the camel.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

Boy its gonna be soooooooooo crowded for that show we went the day after Thanksgiving when we got married that weekend it was elbow to elbow...

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

Thank you all for the tips. I will be there next week and plan to take the family! I will give a full report upon return.

New Lenox, Illinos
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

Does anyone know where we can maybe get discounted tickets for the dixie stampede? I have a large family and it is pretty pricey and I am just looking to save a little money so that we can do more when we are in Pigeon Forge!

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dixie Stampede Christmas show - A must?

You can try to get tickets through your hotel or cabin management company. I know that they offer tickets at a discounted rate. It's not a huge discount but every little bit helps.