We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rates around new years

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
rates around new years

hello,

I guess ya'll can tell I have a day off and I am trying to figure out if it is possible for us to make a quick trip down over new years eve...

are the rates outrageous...... are there any cheap but nice places to stay in either gat. or pf ???

we are booked for july but I would love to see the mountains in the winter.... if I could talk dh into it !!!!! july seems like forever away!!!

thanks ......

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rates around new years

We are going Dec. 26 - Jan 1 and the cheapest rates I found were fo $42. at Motel 6. We Have stayed there and the motel was clean and the people there were friendly. Rooms are on the small side, but we have 4 people and made out fine. They do not have an indoor pool and they do not serve breakfast. They do have coffee and snack machines in the lobby. I will stay there again.

We are staying in a cabin this time since we will be there for a week.

toledo, ohio
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rates around new years

Hi,

We have stayed at the Colonial House Motel in PF the last few times we have been there. I don't know about the rates for the holiday, but we have always found it very reasonable. But more importantly.....VERY VERY clean rooms with balconies, indoor pool, free continental breakfast that is very decent, and very nice people. It is located pretty close to traffic light #8, right by Dollywood Lane.

We will be going back in June and will deinately stay there again. here is their website, check it out:

www.colonialhousemotel.com

3. Re: rates around new years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 12:20
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge