We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question from my kid to yours

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
question from my kid to yours

my 9 yr. old freckled face cutie would like all of you to ask your children what their favorite thing to do in the Mountians is!! Thanks!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: question from my kid to yours

Hello - When my girl was a 9 year old cutie, she loved the Mine, the Trak, Ponderosa (No longer there) and tubing in the park. She still loves all 3 and she is 20 now!

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question from my kid to yours

Our 10 year old grandson (and also 7 year old grandson) love Dollywood best. But hiking is a close second. No "weeny" hikes, but ones that have hills. They liked the aquarium, they like the go carts.

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
453 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question from my kid to yours

When my children were nine and one was a freckled face red headed cutie - they loved the horseback riding first and foremost, followed by White Water Rafting, then Dollywood, and the Dixie Stampede. Those are still their preferences and they have long since grown up.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question from my kid to yours

my 3 girls love to do the gokarts. There are plenty of nice go-track tracks in pigeon forge.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: question from my kid to yours

When my three sons were 9 years old they would have said go carts and eating pancakes for breakfast. Why do pancakes taste better in PF/Gat than anywhere else?

South Mississippi
Level Contributor
245 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: question from my kid to yours

My nine year old loves the Comedy Barn. That is her favorite show to go to and they both love Dixie Stampede. Both my nine year old and seven year old also love Dollywood.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: question from my kid to yours

my 6 year old's favorite thing is to play mini golf, after going to PF every year he thinks all cities should have mini golf courses just like they do. His favorite is the Ripley's and of course he likes riding the go carts with daddy.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: question from my kid to yours

Thanks for all the replys!! She says keep em coming!!

Norwood, OH
Level Contributor
421 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: question from my kid to yours

When my kids were about 9 they loved to do mini-golf. They don't seem to care about it except when we're in PF/Gatlinburg. They really liked Davey Crocket mini-golf in Gatlinburg. It's interactive and even my older kids thought it was pretty cool. They also loved (don't ask me why) Ripley's Believe it Or Not. It's a little expensive, but a unique place that I would try. I few scenes can come off a little scarey. Depends on your child. My advise is to go to Ripley's Acquarium. I wouldn't have dreamed of going if many of our friends hadn't said how good it was. They were right. All of us loved it. Last, Cades Cove. My kids like it because there is so much to do. We have so much fun looking for deer and if you're lucky bears(from a distance, of course!)You could spend the better part of a day there, especially if you go on the trails and have a picnic. Have fun whatever you do!

toledo, ohio
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: question from my kid to yours

My 8-year-old responded (and I knew he would) like this:

"Tell them that my favorite thing to do is when we pack a picnic lunch (we always hit Wal-Mart in Seiverville and get their fried chicken from their deli....it is awesome and very cheap!) and go driving in the mountains and doing some hiking. I love it when we stop at the picnic area (i think we usually stop around Sugarlands) and eat our lunch and then we go bare-footed into the creek with all the rocks."

It is a really nice place to eat and the stream is right near the picnic tables. We spend hours there...he always gets some good rocks to bring home, which he likes to paint, and last year he got a salamander (at least I think that was what it was). Very nice place to relax and enjoy the scenery and let the kids explore!

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge