We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mrs

Louisville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mrs

Our family of 4 plans to visit the Gatlinburg-PF area in late May. It is myself, hubby, and our two sons (9 and 6).

I'm so overwhelmed by the amount of travel information available online but I've managed to narrow it down to a few hotels in our price range where I think we'd like to stay. I'd love to hear any personal advice about these spots from someone more familiar with the area, though.

I've picked hotels because we want to have access to a pool (will it be warm enough to swim outdoors in May?), continental breakfast, and my hubby says "I don't want to spend the whole vacation cleaning up." (He's a neat freak and felt like he needed to keep the last condo we stayed in at the beach "clean" the whole time)

Zoder's - love the balconies

Red Roof Inn - PF - indoor pool only?

Music Road Hotel - PF - love the pools. Will it be warm enough to swim outdoors, though?

Only downside we've discovered is that it won't be possible to get any "alone" time for hubby and I with the kids sharing one room in the hotel...

Thanks for any and all advice you can give! Total newbie to this area... :)

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mrs

Zoders is nice. It has indoor and outdoor pool. The Zoders to me is in the best location along with the property being on the river. They also have a nice free breakfast, cookies and milk, and wine and cheese.

It most likely be warm enough to swim outside in may. I have been in april and have been able to swim outside, it just depends.

Red roof does only have a indoor pool.

Music road hotel is nice also.

Try to find a hotel that may have a suite. What is the price range and how many kids do you have? I will try to help you. We got at least 2 to 3 times a year.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mrs

If you're need some "alone" time, check with the Park Grove Inn. They have a family suite that has two bedrooms. They are located next door to Red Roof Inn in PF. They have an indoor pool and free continental breakfast. The rates there are usually pretty good. The only drawback is, you can't get rates from the 'net. You'll have to call.

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mrs

Check out The resort at Governor's Crossing. You can name your own price. They have an indoor water park and an out door pool. Rooms are huge and have private bedrooms. The Qween studio has a sofa bed and a seperate bedroom, Full kitchen, full bathroom, washer and drier. Great place to stay. They always have fee activites going on for their guests too.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mrs

You might consider the National Parks Lodge on the parkway, it has indoor and outdoor pools, offers buy one get one free breakfast coupons next door at the Great American Buffet (at least they did last year), often the large rooms with king bed and pull outs are only $29.00 plus tax in the off season or mid week. It is close to lots of activities you could walk to. Good luck!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mrs

If not on a strict budget, check out the Inn at Christmas place. We stayed there in August and my son 11 loved the outdoor pool and slide. He never mentioned wanting to go to splash country. They do have some suites. The website is:

http://www.innatchristmasplace.com/

and you can check out the reviews up top on the left.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mrs

The Red Roof Inn is nice, but does only have the indoor pool. Willowbrook is nice and has an outdoor pool with slide and an inside pool too. Park Tower Inn has a 2 room suite, I can only vouch for a regular room, since there was only 2 of us, they have an outdoor pool, indoor pool with a small, but alot of fun, lazy river, that even this Grandma loved. You could get 2 connecting rooms,we have done that so we could get some alone time on a long vacation.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mrs

Try Willowbrook Lodge in PF. they have many great Family suites with seperate bedrooms. The hotel is newer and it was extremely clean. I went there 2 years ago because they offered many different suites because i felt we all needed our privacy. We got the "suite of all suites" which had a seperate king bedroom, double bunk bed room w/t.v., big screen t.v. 2 bathrooms, kitchen and it overlooked the pool area which has a twisty slide, mushroom fountain, and also indoor pool. this place is also in the middle at light #5 and near some attractions that you can walk to. It more then exceeded our expectations. Go to willowbrook.com and it shows the many different rooms and layout of the rooms. The also have riverside rooms with seperate bedrooms & kitchens. Of course I dont cook on vacation, but it was nice to be able to eat out some days and get take out to bring back to the room the other days.

8. Re: Mrs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2008, 01:32
9. Re: Mrs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 08:20
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge