We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bear Creek Crossing, Golfview, or Hidden Springs

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
203 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bear Creek Crossing, Golfview, or Hidden Springs

Hi. I have spent more hours than I should researching places to stay and I have narrowed it down to these 3. I have found them on vrbo. I was hoping someone could provide more information. I haven't found much on Bear Creek Crossing.

Thanks.

Mindi

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bear Creek Crossing, Golfview, or Hidden Springs

We stayed in a condo in Golfview once. It was infested with ants. They even got inside a closed jar of peanut butter!! It was nasty.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bear Creek Crossing, Golfview, or Hidden Springs

S&S loves to talk about that infested peanut butter jar. We just stayed at a condo at Golfview the week after Christmas and loved it. We got it through VRBO and it was only $95 per night year round. It isn't as senic has Hidden Springs, we stayed there last summer, but we liked the price. The condo was a two floor, two bedroom condo. The view from the balcony looked right down into Dollywood. We heard the train whistle many times.

That the indoor pool is very small was our only complaint. The location is very convenient.

Mentioned in this post
Dollywood
Dollywood
13,831 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Georgia
Level Contributor
394 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bear Creek Crossing, Golfview, or Hidden Springs

We stayed in Hidden Springs last spring, rented directly through the management company (www.hiddenspringsresort.com). No problems at all. Clean and well maintained. The private hot tub was great! It was very close to Dollywood and easy to get out to the main road. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, and in fact - am looking at the possibility for next month.

Mentioned in this post
Dollywood
Dollywood
13,831 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bear Creek Crossing, Golfview, or Hidden Springs

To White Wizard, I think this is maybe the third time I have posted about this. However since you seem bored enough to keep up with my posts, please feel free to click on my profile and count the times. Maybe it will make you feel better. I only answer the question when it is asked specifically about Golfview. You act as if I am on here day and night raving about it. We got a great deal and now I know why. There were ants crawling all over the counters, the floors and the kitchen table. If you had a great experience, wonderful for you. We did not. We took a friend of my son with us for the first time. It was a really great impression for him to go back and tell his family that we stayed somewhere infested by ants. It is also inconvenient to sit down for lunch and figure out that is not going to happen.

Your post is like me posting about your comments on Huck Finns. I have seen a lot of people talk about how great it is, but you obviously had a bad experience. Should everyone doubt you because someone else had a positive experience?

5. Re: Bear Creek Crossing, Golfview, or Hidden Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2008, 19:15
6. Re: Bear Creek Crossing, Golfview, or Hidden Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 07:19