We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of Baskin-Robbins

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwood, OH
Level Contributor
421 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Beware of Baskin-Robbins

Now I know this is not everyone's must-do while in Pigeon Forge, but thought I would at least let folks here know what a big rip-off this place was. We just got back Thurs. from 5 days in PF and one night my husband was in the mood for some Baskin-Robbins ice cream since there really isn't any around us here. We all decided not to overdo it so me and my son got a 1 dip cone, my older son a 2 dip cone and my husband a 2 dip waffle cone. Our bill was $18.00! I asked the girl if she added right and made sure she didn't include someone elses order. Apparently, they charge $2.69(?) for a 1 dip, but a separate $1.29 for the cone! They charged over $7.00 for my hubby's cone. I said that I've never heard of such a thing and that this was the most expensive ice cream we had ever had. One of the guys working just said "welcome to Pigeon Forge". I was so mad. I just should given the cones back. We have an ice cream place here in Cincinnati that is the best and they don't charge that much. Plus the dips were very small. Anyway, thought it was worth mentioning. BTW, I stopped in the Gatlinburg BR's and they did not have a sign saying there was a separate cost for the cone. We payed a lot of money for food while on vacation, but this by far was the biggest rip-off!

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of Baskin-Robbins

This is pretty typical of tourist destinations. Even chain restaurants and businesses increase their prices because they know people will pay for it.

Have you ever been to the McDonald's near the Grand Canyon? It's so expensive that they even have signs explaining WHY their prices are so high. LOL

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of Baskin-Robbins

This doesnt surprise me. While in Myrtle beach last year it cost an outrageous amount of money for the 3 of us to eat ice cream. Also at Coldstone Creamery it was around 6 or 7 for the waffle bowl w/ice cream for myself.

North GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware of Baskin-Robbins

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!! I can remember fast food was more expensive a few years back in PF, but this is incredible! Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you feel so ripped off! Jen

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware of Baskin-Robbins

That's insane! I haven't been out for ice cream for awhile and I've gotten out of touch with what the shops are charging now. It's bad enough to pay $4 for a half-gallon, but I'm really just as happy with my carton of Mayfield's!

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware of Baskin-Robbins

Yes, but it was really good ice cream wasn't it?

If you want expensive, you should go to the Marble Slab Creamery next to the BR on the GB side of PF. And the ice cream isn't very good either and looks nothing like the pictures displayed.

We always go to BR several times each visit to Pf and have always been treated well and had delicious ice cream.

Pricey?, no more than any other tourist area. What does Dollywood charge for their ice cream cones?

The separate charge really only differentiates from the cup and cone, you wouldn't want to pay the cost of the cone if you got a paper cup.

We have eaten at the BR near Wally world and the one on the GB side and they have the best chocolate ice cream I have ever had at any price.

Mesquite
Level Contributor
622 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware of Baskin-Robbins

I went to that very same Baskin-Robbins two weeks ago and paid $7 for a small milk shake. I was shocked. We also had just eaten at McAeisters and was surprised to find them more expensive than here and no brocoli cheese soup.

Sher

Greenville, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware of Baskin-Robbins

One of the food related highlights of my trip is ice cream from the Old Mill Creamery (they give you a BIG scoop).....I also tried the one out at the apple barn and enjoyed that as well. Both places have great ice cream and priced better than what you quoted BR as being. The only dissappointment was the Old Mill Creamery only had half the normal selection (I hope it was just because of being a slow time of the year). They both closed fairly early (5:30 AB/6:00 OMC) while we were there so that took some working around but I got my fix every day....lol!!

Norwood, OH
Level Contributor
421 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware of Baskin-Robbins

I saw the Marble Slab Creamery next door and figured it was similar to Coldstone, but hubby wanted BR. No, the ice cream wasn't that good and very small. I realize too that things down there are going to be more expensive since it's a touristy area. Believe me we spent a lot this week just on eating out. My beef with BR was mainly the way they charged for their cones. The prices for ice cream on the board has $2.69 for a 1 dip and so on, but there's a small piece of paper on the glass case that says there is a separate charge for the cone. If I had seen that to begin with I never would have gotten any.

In comparison, we stopped at the Applebarn to shop and went into their little restaurant that serves apple pies and desserts. We got 2 fried pies, 1 with a huge scoop of ice cream and a milk all for only $5.50. This made sense.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware of Baskin-Robbins

Those fried apple pies are soooooo good, don't tell, but I have bought 2 just to eat the next morning-warmed up in the microwave-yummy!!!! We had ice cream at the BR also and were not impressed, wonder how long they have been charging for the cones.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beware of Baskin-Robbins

Isnt this a coincidence!! We just got back from pf and ate at BR last night for a nice treat, or so we thought. Had originally wanted marble slab but the line was LONG!! The older man with the mullet working there was so rude to everyone there that we started just to give the ice cream back and go wait in line at marble slab. Since others in our party had already started eating theirs we paid, but it tasted freezer burnt. There was a large party of 17 behind us and the lady asked the employee if it was a problem for a party of 17 on one ticket and he was very sarcastic to her. To me not good business, but I guess they figure people are going to come in no matter what. But we will never go there again, I will take the long line at MS anyday!!!

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge