We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun 2 days in Pigeon Forge with the Grandgirls!

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
354 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Fun 2 days in Pigeon Forge with the Grandgirls!

The grandgirls (8 & 9) and I headed to Pigeon Forge last week for a couple of days.

We stayed at Laurel Crest Resort, a timeshare, on Wears Valley Road which is out traffic light #3. Resort was great, as always. It was good we had a ground floor unit since they think they must take 1 of everything they own.

On Sunday night, we had an early dinner at Little Tokyo. I didn't even realize this restaurant was there until I read reviews here about it. The food was very good. We were fortunate that our table had 4 children, so the chef (or whatever they are called), put on a grand show. I had chicken, 1 gg also had chicken and the other had steak. This is one of the few hibachi style restaurants that I have been to that offered you a choice of salad dressings. I happen to like the dressing and their creamy ginger was probably the best I have had anywhere. We all had iced tea with our meal and I'm thinking our bill was around $43 with tip.

After dinner we headed to The Comedy Barn. The show was as great as I remembered it to be. Of course the kids had to have cotten candy! What I love about the Comedy Barn is that it is good family entertainment. I would highly recommend this place for all ages.

On Monday, we went to Wonder Works. I wasn't really impressed at the time, but now as I think back and start telling about it, I thought it was a good value. The girls really enjoyed most everything there. The rock climbing wall was worth the price of admission alone. All of us enjoyed the art portion with all of the optical illusions. So, yes, Wonder Works was fun.

At 5 pm we went to The Hoot'N Holler dinner show. I'm not sure this is the best show in the Smokies, but I do think it has the best food of the other dinner shows. When you are seated, you already have a bowl of salad and a loaf of bread on your table. The salad was good. You put you salad plate in the big salad bowl when everyone is finished which signals to the wait staff that you are done with your salads. The entree was brought out in a casserole dish and had chicken parmesan, stuffed shells and ziti with sauce. Yum. Dessert was also served family style and was a great strawberry shortcake.

After the show, the girls insisted on going back into Wonder Works to do some more roller coaster rides.

On Monday, the girls swam in the indoor pool for a couple of hours. What's a vacation to the mountains unless you can swim????!!!!!

We went on Monday afternoon to Magic Beyond Belief. This show was also very good. Of course, I got ripped off for some kind of magic coloring book and a magic rope, but that's the price you pay for being a grandmother!!

After the magic show, we had supper at Golden Corral. I think this is the cleanest and tastiest one of these I have been to. I had a 15% off coupon and the check was just a little over $21 for the 3 of us.

We went back to Laurel Crest and packed up and headed home.

It was a fun filled days with the girls.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions about the attractions we saw.

-Donna

North GA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun 2 days in Pigeon Forge with the Grandgirls!

Sounds like you had a blast! Your grandchildren are blessed to have such a fun grandmom:-) Jen

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun 2 days in Pigeon Forge with the Grandgirls!

It is so much fun to see the Smokies thru the eyes of your grandkids. Glad you had a great time.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
354 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun 2 days in Pigeon Forge with the Grandgirls!

Thanks for the nice comments. The girls did tell me that when we go to Dollywood that if it rains, we can just go to WonderWorks since it is inside!!! They have every base covered! :-)

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun 2 days in Pigeon Forge with the Grandgirls!

That WAS a good trip! You guys saw many of the great attractions and found time to swim, all in a couple days. I'm sure the girls will always remember that weekend.

5. Re: Fun 2 days in Pigeon Forge with the Grandgirls!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge