We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

You all seem to be sooo helpful, so I'm hoping for some suggestions as I am overwhelmed with all the choices!

My DH will be home from Iraq for a two week R & R. He has alot of "down time" needed. We will be spending the first two nights alone and the last two nights, our best friends (another couple) will be coming down to join us.

We are not looking to do the "tourist" thing with the outlets, Dollywood, etc. Hell, I dont think we ever plan on leaving the cabin for the entire time, unless something is needed at the store! lol

The MOST important thing to me for his relaxation is #1 an AWESOME mountain view (the higher the better)

#2 a hot tub on the outdoor deck w/ a view as well

#3 a pool table

Please give me any advice you have as I want to make this trip so special to him for all he has sacraficed for myself and our children!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Leslee

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

Some of the cabin companies offer military discounts. I did a search and found that Sunset Cottages does offer a military discount. I know the other posters will offer more suggestions to help you find the perfect cabin. Tell your husband we all said THANK YOU!!!!

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

Leslee,

You both deserve this vacation!! What town were you looking for a cabin? Secluded or not? Views of G'burg? Give us some direction on what you're looking for.

Most of all, thank your husband for keeping us all safe and thank you for allowing him to protect us all.

God Bless!

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

Hi Leslee :)

It is overwhelming with all the choices in cabin rentals. We have rented cabins twice up there, and both times we used Baskins Creek - www.baskinscreek.com

The first time was our honeymoon and the cabin was perfect - all the things you want, only we had a "woodland view" instead of mountain view, but we liked that because we could be out in the hot tub completely unseen ;) It was beautiful.

The 2nd time, we traveled with all the kids, 2 Grandmas and an Aunt. The cabin we first were in was older and had really steep stairs that Grandmas couldn't handle (my fault, I picked it) - but Baskins Creek was really great about it. They moved us to a more appropriate (and actually much nicer) cabin that same day with no problems.

You can hardly go wrong renting a cabin up there - the only place I would avoid (based on things I've read here) is Aunt Bug's. Oh! And I would highly recommend stopping at Food City or WallyWorld BEFORE you get to your cabin and getting everything you might want because once you get to your cabin, you will NOT want to leave!

Have a wonderful trip and God bless you both - from a former Army wife, I know the sacrifices YOU make as well as your brave hubby. Let us know how it went when you get back!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

I should be a Cabins For You employee. Ha, I love that company though. They do have a military discount. I called and asked. It's 10% off the rent. I stayed in a cabin called An Unforgettable Cabin in Pigeon Forge and loved it. There's a bedroom upstairs and a bedroom downstairs. You'll feel like it's 2 different cabins stacked on top of one another. Amazing view and it has a game room and media room. The view from the deck (hot tub too) of Pigeon Forge at night is beautiful.

cabinsforyou.com/an_unforgettable_cabin_rent…

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

Leslee, Hi just give us some detail what area ect what you are looking for.

From a fellow DH Desert Storm Vet, please tell your husband we are so proud of him and thank you! Welcome home HERO!!!!

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

Leslee,

I hope you find the perfect cabin for you and your DH to spend some time together...just let him know that we appreciate all the sacrifice that ya'll are making for our safety....

thanks, Kendra

Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

You all are SOOOOO amazing! And thank you so much for the responses and well wishes.

As for what area...I couldnt give a hoot! lol It could be the middle of timbucktwo. We are driving in on July 11th and staying four nights. We have no desire to go anywhere truthfully. The biggest thing is probably an awesome mountain view, a great deck with hot tub and a pool table. DH tends to not like crowds since he's been away, after all they are taught that if you are standing around more then four people, something is probably going to explode! :) We are just looking to relax, enjoy the scenary and each other. And of course the best friends when they arrive!

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond, its deeply appreciated!

Leslee

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

I also want to extend a thank you to your husband for his service. Hope you find the perfect cabin and have the most wonderful time together.

-debbie

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

I want to give my thank you too for your husband's service!

Try these cabins with Chalet Village Properties. We have never been dissapointed with one of their cabins in all the years we have used them. Call and ask about privacy, they will understand. These were all available when I check online tonight.

www.chaletvillage.com/cabinview.html…

This one has a direct, sweeping view of Mt. LeConte. It also has views of the tram going buy. If you get up early enough, you will see the guy riding on top doing am maintance checks!

This next one is in a grouping of cabins, called Cottage Gardens, so it has houses on each side. I see they have a privacy wall by the hot tub. We haven't stayed in this one, but in several of the others in this grouping. We love it, but it is a community, so none of them stand alone.

If you call a cabin company directly and tell them exactly what you want, you should be able to find one that is secluded yet has a view. Companies we have used are:

Chalet Village

Mt. Laurel Chalets

Mountain Rentals of Gatlinburg

Diamond Mountain Rentals

Jackson Mountain Homes

Maples Ridge Cabins

Fireside Cabins

Volunteer Cabin Rentals

Good luck with your search. Let us know if you need any more help!

Private owners on vrbo

10. Re: DH coming home from Iraq, need 2 BR cabin w/awesome view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2008, 19:15