We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? about the deer petting farm

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
? about the deer petting farm

I was wondering if all you can do there is pet the deer and feed them along with other animals? The price seems steep if that is all you do. And how long would you really stay there?

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ? about the deer petting farm

There are lots of animals there that you cant see elsewhere....Zebra,Zonkey,Kangaroo,wallaby..etc.yes,you can feed all the animals,and go in the yards with the goats, and the deer.we stayed there for about four hours....we love animals.And as for the price..it was the cheapest activity we did up there besides the free stuff...i found it to be a great value and a fun day.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ? about the deer petting farm

What exactly do you mean by "elsewhere"? The Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area?

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ? about the deer petting farm

get a life blue...I was talkng to the adisneyqueen....stop analizing everybodys posts....go write your book kid.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ? about the deer petting farm

I had to read it a couple times before I understood , now I see! Like Kangaroos and wallabys you do not find to many places not even most zoos because they can not live in cool wether.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ? about the deer petting farm

Well, until today, I had never heard of a zonkey. Don't know if we have those at the Cincinnati Zoo, but as I was trying to find out, I saw there are zorses too. I think those are funny names.

We went to the petting zoo many years ago. What I remember the most is getting into the small area where you feed the deer. It was packed with dear and from the moment I walked in to the moment I walked out, they were very anxious to eat. We may have timed it so it was their first feeding of the day, or maybe it was off season because there were not many people there at all to feed them. The dear nudged me with their noses and even tried to get into my pockets. It was interesting, and the kids got a big kick out of mommy yelping with excitement and shock at the the deer's persistent barrage of poking. I was glad I went in first, and not the kids. They would have been too little.

The rest of the animals were interesting to see. It's not like the highly rated zoo here in Cincy, even though I think we have most of the same animals. This may be the only place some people are able to see these types of animals like May said.

Our kids loved it so it was worth the money to me.

PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ? about the deer petting farm

Do you have to pay for the feed and how much is it? I am going to compare it to our deer park here. I think maybe ours is better b/c they have things for kids to play on and a train ride.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ? about the deer petting farm

yes..I think it was about $1 for a big cup.We really did enjoy a wide variety of animals that we have not seenIN OTHER PETTING ZOOS(Blue;)...Huge camels..the Zebra.Zonkey,Riendeer,Highland cattle,I cant remember them all...it was a fun time for us though.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ? about the deer petting farm

I do not remember exactly what age it was when my children thought that feeding animals was the gratest thing in the world but I do remember how happy they were when they got to do it!

I wonder what they do with the kangaroos when it gets to cold for them.

http://www.deerfarmzoo.com/

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ? about the deer petting farm

I forgot, do they tell you about the animals there?

You will not believe some of the strange things about kangaroos I learned at Kentucky Down Under!

The guide said:

They have female babies the first half of their life and male babies the second half.

(One web site says they can determine the sex, I do not know about that!)

They continuously have babies their whole adult life! No break!

If they have twins they let one die because they can only produce enough new born milk for one.

(I do not know how true that is)

(One web site says they produce newborn milk for new born and a different kind for older baby at the same time!)

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ? about the deer petting farm

nah...that was one thing they could improve on...they had no info at all really unless you asked somebody...no guides or anything.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge