We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad Hotel

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
6 posts
Save Topic
Bad Hotel

We had a very bad experience at a Hotel in PF this past weekend. Very bad service, resevations were wrong, made us check in late then charged our card for room we didn't have and put 2 holds on our card and wont take them off. Who can help us?

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad Hotel

O would say if the higher ups at the hotel dont help...try reporting them to the Bbuissness B.

Georgia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad Hotel

Yeah, the higher ups are useless and rude. Only one person in the hotel can make any decisions. Is it ok on these post to mention the name of the hotel?

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad Hotel

Yes by all means that is why we are here to let others know of experiences.

SmokyMountainGirl
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bad Hotel

Don't give up until you get to the root of this problem. The charges they won't take off could be a couple of things. Sometimes the credit card companies will put a hold on a card until a stay is over, just in case of damages -- this is not the hotel, it is the CC company. If this is the case, the charge should drop off your account within 10 days, but it still is up to the CC company. Ask the hotel people to check into that for you. It will probably require getting the CC company manager on duty involved to get the charge removed any earlier. We had that happen at the rental company where I work, and it took several hours to get it straightened out that WE did not put the reserve on the card, the CC company did (which made US look bad). Ask the hotel accounting person if this is what happened. Also, watch your CC bill for a few days and see if the other charges don't just disappear.

Georgia
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bad Hotel

Thanks for the info. We checked with our CC company and they said that the hotel had done it. The hotel by the way is the National Parks Inn. They not only put a hold on it, they put 2 holds on it for the same amount. They also charged us for a room that we didn't even have. They tell us that Kimberly the Manager will be there tomorrow. They tell us that every time we call. They say that nobody working there can do anything but her. I guess I'll have to write the hotel association and Governor of TN or whoever I have too. But I know that they have no right to charge something on my card that I didn't use. Thanks again for your help. And think twice before staying here unless you want late check ins, rude people, hardly any ice machines, and charges on your cards that shouldn't be there.

north carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bad Hotel

maxman,could you please post name of hotel? i surely hope it's not the one we have reservations with in june! i have read bad reviews here from our reserved hotel(and a few good ones as well) but the bad ones were enough to make me consider cancelling reservations well enough in advance so as hopefully not to be charged anyway,although i do have some worries about that. they said i have till the 24th of june to cancel.

Georgia
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bad Hotel

The name of the hotel is National Resort Lodge Hotel

north carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bad Hotel

Sorry Maxman,after i asked for the name of hotel, I realized you had posted it previously.

toledo, ohio
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bad Hotel

A credit card company is not going to and CAN not put a hold on your credit card until your stay is over like a previous poster stated. This would be the doing of the hotel itself and has nothing to do with the credit card company.

Thanks for posting the name of the hotel...I will make sure I stay away from that one!

SmokyMountainGirl
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bad Hotel

Hi, linea1115 -- I am sorry to contradict you, but that is EXACTLY what happened to one or our recent guests. A guest checking in to our rental cabin company put her vacation money on a VISA debit card. The CREDIT CARD COMPANY put two holds on her money. When she went to use it at Dollywood she had insufficient funds and the CC company told her we had done it. When we called from our front desk (with our guest standing right there), it still took about two hours to get them to admit that they (the CC company) had no idea why the holds were on her card. They finally reluctantly removed these holds (after we got a manager involved), and she could then get her money. We NEVER put a hold on anyone's card like that, and even the CC company could not explain that one. Regardless, it sounds like this person had a different experience anyway.