We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I finally saw a bear--six of them in one night!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
382 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
I finally saw a bear--six of them in one night!!!

Hello-just got back from Pigeon Forge on Saturday night! And we had the best trip ever! We stayed at the Inn at Christmas Place- which was AMAZING - it is by far the best hotel that I have stayed at ANYWHERE. I can not say enough good things about this wonderful place! Please check my review of it which should be posted in a couple days (just wrote) for more details on that.

We have been coming to this area for about 5 years in a row now - and we always go hoping to see a bear. And we have never had any luck--until now! We went through Cades Cove (which we have done twice before in the past) on Wed (5-28) night started the loop at about 7PM in the evening - as suggested by some of my TA friends! Much thanks by the way--and we saw not one but 6 different bears!!! I had my parents with me and my 5 yr old daughter and we were all just thrilled and I got some GREAT pics of them!!! It was so awesome. And we saw about 80 deer -my father counted! And wild turkey.

We saw the Dixie Stampede and the Miracle and enjoyed both very much - and I am happy to answer any questions anyone may have about any of this.

We also ate at some great places for the first time and we were not disappointed, the Peddler in Gatlinburg, The Bullfish Grill- both very good - but my favorite is a new place only open now for about 2 weeks called the "Flying Horse" great food and atmosphere- located right next to the Inn at Christmas place where we were staying. They have a nice gift shop inside and a real working carousel that children and young-at-heart adults can ride. We ordered the Crab Cake Sliders- and they were fantastic--a new fav which will be on the must do list for next year!

Overall this was one of the best trips we have been on-- due mostly to the Wonderful hotel and bears of course-- Seriously though if you are looking for a great place to stay the Inn at Christmas Place can not be beat--I have seen on this forum where others are trying to choose between it and other hotels--and I promise there is NO comparison and you ill know this from the moment you arrive!!! The Inn at Christmas Place is the best on every level with a fantastic staff to top it off--you have to try it! I know you'll love it. We can't wait to go back!!!

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
The Inn at Christmas Place
The Inn at Christmas...
2,174 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Cades Cove
Cades Cove
4,326 Reviews
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I finally saw a bear--six of them in one night!!!

WOW! That is wonderful! Waiting for pictures!

Last year was my first bear jam and I have been going about 10 years!

I have seen a lot of wonderful reviews on Christmas Place Inn. I usually will not pay that much for a couple hours of sleep but maybe if my grand children are with me....

The Peddler is on my list but the parking lot is always so full! Last time we should have when we were staying at Bearskin next door but we thought with all those cars it would take a long time to get served.

The Bullfish is on the list to! And the Flying Horse is open! I have been waiting for it!

I am so glad you had a wonderful trip!

Mentioned in this post
Christmas Place
Christmas Place
1,642 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Bullfish Grill
Bullfish Grill
2,837 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I finally saw a bear--six of them in one night!!!

Glad you had a great trip and got to finally see some bears. My kids (adults now) still remember seeing the bear by the pull off in the park.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I finally saw a bear--six of them in one night!!!

I am glad to hear that the Flying Horse is good. We saw where it was going to open the next week after we had left. We will have to try it the next time. Sounds like you did have a great trip.

4. Re: I finally saw a bear--six of them in one night!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 09:26
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge