We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for first trip to Dollywood Splash Country

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
61 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for first trip to Dollywood Splash Country

It'll be our first time to Dollywood Splash Country during 4th of July weekend. I know my sister has reserved a rental, but not sure if it's a cabana or not. Any advice is appreciated.

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for first trip to Dollywood Splash Country

For years we hit P.F. over the July 4th week. We'd always go to Dollywood on July 4th because the crowds were so small. As for Splash Country, go early, use the lockers in the middle of the park (they cost more but they are the kind you can get into and re-lock all day, not one-use kind!) and stake out your chairs with your beach towels, shoes, etc...unless you have a cabana then just head there. We usually do the slides and stuff first and then lounge in the lazy river or wave pool for the rest of the day. Oh yah, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN and more sunscreen!! Have a great time!!

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for first trip to Dollywood Splash Country

Just remember to watch the weather. If a storm comes close enough to produce lightning within 7 miles, they will close the water and make everyone sit and wait till it passes. This happened Thursday, and my wife and I had used our Hospitality passes to take the kids. We arrived about 1pm and was there til 3 when they came over the PA and announced that they have lightning in the area and everyone was ordered out of the water. Looking at the sky there was not a cloud in sight. We sat in the grass while it was sunny and about 92 degrees for about 45 mins, then some dark clouds passed and we heard some thunder.It seemed the storm was passing but they did not open the water. Everyone began to leave and we waited another 45 mins thinking that lines will be shorter. They never opened the water and it was 4:30 and the kids were getiing restless just getting to look at the water. They gave us a raincheck, but now wife and I have to wait for another chance. Point is watch the weather close.

Cookeville...
Level Contributor
160 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for first trip to Dollywood Splash Country

I went to Splash Country for the first time last summer, and I am going again in a couple of weeks. The other posters have given good advice. The only thing I would add is to rent a locker. I got one in the middle of the park near the wave pool. I was so glad that I did. I could put my valuables (wallet, camera) in there and just get them when needed.

south East
Level Contributor
83 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for first trip to Dollywood Splash Country

Can anyone help here. Is it worth going to dollywood in November and does anyone know what the weathers like that time of year. Were doing Nashville Memphis and chattanooga and would love to find our waay to dollywood!!!Is it possible to get there by public transport or are there any organised trips !! We will not have a car!! Hope someone can help here many thanks

Sandy

Lafayette, LA
Level Contributor
179 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for first trip to Dollywood Splash Country

minx, make sure you have some type of water shoes when you go to splash country. The cement gets very hot. Some of the rides do not allow them, but everyone was leaving them at the bottom of the ride near where the slide finished. Walking from slide to slide is brutal if you do not have something on your feet.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for first trip to Dollywood Splash Country

Enjoy the cool water coming off of the "mountains" on the inside of the lazy river at the main entrance to the river. I think they chill it before it rains down. I also second the idea of some sort of water shoes for walking on the concrete areas.

Booneville, MS
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice for first trip to Dollywood Splash Country

1.) Anticipate the parking lot to be jammed pack if you are going during "peak" time, and July is usually a 'peak' month. Depending on where you park, it could be a long walk to the ticket stand.

2.) Instead of watershoes, my family and I purchase cheap $1.00 flip flops they are easy to hold on to going down slides and not a total loss of money if damaged.

3.) If you have small children or plan on splitting up and doing your own thing, the family locator device is wonderful, it lets you keep up with your group without having to hunt them down

4.) Lunchtime usually means standing in long lines at the provided food pavilions so anticipate 30-45 minutes of standing in line just to place an order

5.) Lockers are wonderful for personal items that are not waterproof.

8. Re: Advice for first trip to Dollywood Splash Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge