We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report/Day 1: Don't try the hot sauce!

Cookeville...
Level Contributor
161 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report/Day 1: Don't try the hot sauce!

Hi everyone!

I am reporting live from Pigeon Forge! We arrived today at about 1 p.m. We took the Lenoir City exit and went through Maryville, Townsend, and Wears Valley. Such a pretty drive! We stopped at the Moonshine Country Store and Cafe for lunch at about 12:30 in Wears Valley. I had read about it on TA and wanted to try it out. The cafe was o.k. - nothing special. Just soup, salads and sandwiches. The store was really cool...they had samples of all of their products to try for free. However, my 12 yr. old son got my squemish 9 yr. old niece to try the hot sauce. Needless to say we had to buy her another sweet tea! I guess that will teach her not to do everything other people tell you to do!

While we were there, I called to see if our condo might be ready. Guess what? It was! We were so excited. It took us about another 15 min. to get to the condo at Whispering Pines. Let me tell you.... this is a FANTASTIC condo. We travel quite a bit all over the south, mostly to beaches, and always stay in condos. This is one of the best I've stayed in. I took a lot of time to research it, and it paid off. I am sitting on our balcony as I type this and it is so peaceful. I have a view of the mountains and cannot see the city (which is what I wanted). It is about 68 degrees and the sky is covered in stars!

After checking in, my mom and I went across the street to the Food City and got some groceries while hubby and the kids tried out the pool and lazy river. It got 3 thumbs up!

We all took a little nap, then went to eat dinner at TGI Fridays in Sevierville. It was very good. The waiter was so nice.

After that, we went to the Magic Beyond Belief show. I decided on this one due to all of the great reviews on TA. My son and niece absolutely loved it as did the other kids in the audience. My mom, husband, and I would give it about a 6 on a scale of 10. While the magic was really good, there just wasn't enough of it. Lots of the time was spent talking, telling corny jokes, and trying to get people to buy the Magic kits in the lobby. Would I go to it again? Prob. so for my son. If it was just me and hubby, we would not go.

Up tomorrow...Dollywood. Will it be hot? Will the lines be long? Will I see Dolly? Tune in tomorrow to find out.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report/Day 1: Don't try the hot sauce!

Just an off topic question; are you using wifi, dialup or one of the new wireless aircard broadband systems and if so which brand? thanks

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report/Day 1: Don't try the hot sauce!

Glad you are there and having a wonderful time! Keep us up dated! :)

Cookeville...
Level Contributor
161 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report/Day 1: Don't try the hot sauce!

I am using Wifi, but the signal is pretty weak at times.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report/Day 1: Don't try the hot sauce!

Okay, I wasn't sure how good the wi-fi was down there. I will be using a Verizon air card when we come down if wi-fi isn't available.

Hope you had a great day at DW.

Thanks for the info on the wi-fi.

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report/Day 1: Don't try the hot sauce!

Hi Laurie,Don't you love whispering pines?We are like you ,stay in alot of condos and those at WP are some of my favorites.We will be heading that way soon and can't wait to get back there!Enjoyed your up to the minute report.

6. Re: Trip Report/Day 1: Don't try the hot sauce!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge