We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report/Day 6: Arts and Crafts and Goat Cheese, Oh My!

Cookeville...
Level Contributor
160 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report/Day 6: Arts and Crafts and Goat Cheese, Oh My!

Today the men went to play golf...again, and the women and children decided to go to the arts and crafts community. The traffic was bad on the 'spur' and it took a while to get there. We had never been there before. I loved it. I love looking at handmade things and watching people make them. The pottery was beautiful. I bought some natural lavender and tea tree soap that was suppose to be good for all sorts of skin problems. We only went about 2 miles into it and the kids started complaining :(. We stopped and ate at the 'Nifty Fifties' Cafe. It was ok. It was a little dirty looking, but we didnt have any choice of where to eat. After that we went on the Upper Middle Creek Road back to PF. We went to a few stores in the red roof mall, went to the Apple Barn, and then came back to the condo.

We all rested, and the guys got back from golf. My husband said that they played in Laurel Valley and that it was absolutely beautiful. He said they had signs saying it was a natural bear habitat.

We all decided to go to dinner. My mom loves Golden Corral and wanted to go there. I'm sorry, but I cannot stand Golden Corral. I get sick every time I eat there. So we divided up and my brother, SIL niece, and mom went to the corral. My husband, son, and I went to the Flying Horse Grill. This is a new place. The atmosphere is really neat. It is very attractively decorated. The waitress was awesome. However, the food wasn't our favorite. Not that it was bad, we just didn't like the sauces that they used. My husband is a very 'plain" person, and he didn't care for his dinner. However, if you like these kinds of things then you will like it. Word of warning- The "fried cheese" is made with goat cheese. We must not have read the fine print good enough. My son always orders cheese sticks for an appetizer. When I bit into it, I thought I was gonna hurl. I told the waitress and she said that a lot of people had that reaction. She apologized. Our dinner for 3 people was about $60.

After dinner my husband son and I went and looked through some shops. They are just all the same to me.

Well, I am off to pack....so sad. Can I stay just one more day?

I hope you have enjoyed my reports. I have liked writing them.

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report/Day 6: Arts and Crafts and Goat Cheese, Oh My!

Looks like you are having a nice time. May I ask a question? Why didn't you go into the park?

Cookeville...
Level Contributor
160 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report/Day 6: Arts and Crafts and Goat Cheese, Oh My!

We have been into the park many, many times...ever since I was a baby (over 30 years.) My SIL is a hiker/photographer and comes up here very often. We only live about 2 hours away. So, we don't always go into the park on every trip.

Linden, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report/Day 6: Arts and Crafts and Goat Cheese, Oh My!

I agree with the Nifty Fifties Cafe. Ate there in June and thought it was just ok.

I have enjoyed reading your trip report. Sounds like y'all had fun.

I am jealous that you live so close. I would be there all the time if we lived closer !

West Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report/Day 6: Arts and Crafts and Goat Cheese, Oh My!

Laurie31f, i am really going to miss your posts when you leave, i have really enjoyed them, makes me feel like i am there. We usually go every year, but this year we decided to go to Disneyworld. Glad you enjoyed your trip and thank you for all the info.

Cookeville...
Level Contributor
160 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report/Day 6: Arts and Crafts and Goat Cheese, Oh My!

Thank you so much! I had fun writing it.

We are going to Disney in October so you are going to have to give ME some tips!

West Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report/Day 6: Arts and Crafts and Goat Cheese, Oh My!

Actually we are not going till November, might try to fit Tennessee in sometime in December. We enjoy going at Christmas time.

7. Re: Trip Report/Day 6: Arts and Crafts and Goat Cheese, Oh My!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge
Recent Conversations