We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

Indian Trail, North...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

I have a 7 yr old and would like a place that has an indorr pool as well as an outdoor pool and possibly a water park. I had booked a stay at wilderness in the smokies but cancelled after reading all the negative posts here.

Need help fast as we are looking to go in about 2 1/2 weeks.

Also any suggestions about were to go, visit that are good for a 7 yr old boy.

THANKS!!

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

Try The Park Tower Inn. It doesn't have a water park, but it does have an indoor and outdoor pool. It also has an indoor lazy river. Their prices, in the past, have usually been lower than similar places. The only drawback is, you can't get rates from the net you must call. Check this site under Pigeon Forge Hotels or www.mypigeonforge.com for Park Tower Inn's phone number.

Mentioned in this post
Park Tower Inn
Park Tower Inn
730 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

Mainstay Suites has a nice indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool, kiddie pool and lazy river. Their rooms are very nice, they are off the main road so it is quieter...and a little pricey. But you get a kitchen if you want to do some of your own cooking to cut down the price a little. We usually try to hit a Tennessee Smokies baseball game when we are in PF, NASCAR speedpark and Ripley's Aquarium. We also did a cavern tour the last time that the whole family enjoyed (we had a rainy day).

Mentioned in this post
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
693 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Tennessee
Tennessee
United States
Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

Definitely try Willowbrook Lodge. They have an outdoor pool with waterslide & mushroom, top tub, they also have an indoor pool. It is located at light #5. They also have family suites with seperate bedrooms. My kids & i love this place. If you go to their website they have a picture of all of their rooms & suites. We stay in the Suite of all Suites with the bunkbed room for the kids. It is great. The room also has a big screen t.v.. Our room overlooks the waterpark area and its so much fun to see the kids having a blast on the waterslide all day.

http://www.willowbrooklodge.com/

Here is the link for the rooms.

www.willowbrooklodge.com/willowbrookrooms.htm

Indian Trail, North...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

Thanks for the responses, keep them comming and I am going to check out the suggestios so far. :)

Indian Trail, North...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

How does everyone feel about The Christmas Inn?

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

It seems nice but it didnt accommodate our family of 5 as we like to have seperate rooms. For the price of CI's seperate room suite we can stay at Willowbrook lodge's condo type rooms for 2 nights. Very expensive for a suite. If you want a regular room than it may be fine.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

We just returned from the Christmas Place Inn today. It was our second time staying there. It is more expensive than most other places but it is worth every penny. They have a great outdoor pool with a really nice slide. My son did not want to go anywhere else. They have a great free breakfast. They have added to it since last year - sausage, bacon, biscuits, gravy, cereal, eggs, omelet station, waffle, you want it, they have it. If you spend $250, you also get a $10 certificate for the Christmas Place shop. The staff and furnishings are all top notch.

Mentioned in this post
Christmas Place
Christmas Place
1,642 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Indian Trail, North...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

The Christmas Place loks great and has some good reviews. I don't mind paying a little more`(seems like 20/night) for what you get. We would spend that much on breakfast everyday anyway.

Decisions, decisions.

Mentioned in this post
Christmas Place
Christmas Place
1,642 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

Several people have said you have to book way ahead of time for Christmas Place.

The Park Tower Inn's parking looks full all the time Looks like there is not enough parking, anyone stayed there that can let us know?

One time when I called Park Tower after the phone ringing a long time a man answered who spoke very little English. I asked him 4 times each time trying to change the words for him to understand if they had a lazy river, he said he had no idea what I meant. I said a swimming pool like a river with round things you float in, he said O no we do not have that!

Mentioned in this post
Christmas Place
Christmas Place
1,642 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Park Tower Inn
Park Tower Inn
730 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Indoor/ootdoor water park, pool

We called Friday and got a room for Sunday at the Inn at Christmas Place. It is usually booked but I think the economy has hit them also. Maybe not as hard as some other business. I was pretty surprised at the lack of traffic this past couple of days. I know July is considered peak time but we never once had to sit in traffic that was not moving unless we were at a red light. The restaurants we went to we walked right in with no wait.

Mentioned in this post
The Inn at Christmas Place
The Inn at Christmas...
2,174 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge