We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 8/15-8/20

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Trip Report 8/15-8/20

We arrived to pigeon forge econolodge by the river, and i know they gets bad reviews on here but we have stayed there many times and everything is always good when we visit. 5 nights for $250.00.....i didn't think that was bad!

Saturday we got married at the wedding bell chapel and it was just me and my fiance. We done the drive thru wedding. It was just what we wanted something simple. but i would not choose it if i wanted a big wedding with family and friends. But it was nice just the two of us.

Then we went to gatlinburg and strolled into some of the shops...got carmel apples and fudge. Went to the top of the space needle. alot of people around on the weekends then it kinda thins out come monday. Later that evening we had dinner at bubba gumps. The food is okay but nothing special. They have really good Drinks. Then we went to Hogs and honeys.....got a few drinks and people watched.

Sunday we went to the tanger oulets...i couldn't miss the coach outlet, there are alot of shops here. then on to the belz shops. we had Olive garden this night and it was nice and clean.

Monday we woke early and headed to Cades Cove... i guess a mile in the loop we saw a mama bear with 2 cubs in a tree eating berries...we saw 3 deer and some turkey. we love stopping at the old church and home places to look around. On our way out of the loop there was another bear by itself. It was really neat to be so close to them.Then we came back and ate at Bullfish in pf. It was good i had a steak salad and now husband had steak and fries, both were good.

Tuesday we went to the arts and crafts loop, I like looking at the handmade crafts they offer. We really enjoyed the alwine pottery place. This woman was sitting outside carving some of the pottery it was neat to watch.

The rest of the time we just walked around and took everything in. Now we can't wait to go back, my husband didn't feel to good the whole time we were there so it kinda put a notch in our trip but maybe next time we will get to do some of the shows and stuff.

Hope this helps, Thanks for reading

~~~Leanne :)

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 8/15-8/20

Congratulations!Thank you for the wonderful report! Glad you got to see so much! It sounds like Cades Cove it the bear spot right now! Why did I not go there last week! I could not do everything in a few days!

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 8/15-8/20

Congratulations Leanne. Thanks for the report. Hope you get to visit again soon. Rebecca

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 8/15-8/20

Happy wedding day! I am so envious you got to see a bear. We see them so rarely and we are on the trails a lot! (Of course, I am leary about meeting up with one on a trail......) Anyway, glad you had a good time!

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
854 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 8/15-8/20

Congratulations on your wedding and on getting to see some bears while you were there! We also like the Bullfish. Sorry to hear hubby didn't feel well, maybe it was just wedding jitters or maybe too much candy apples and fudge!

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge