We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report-August 24-29

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
trip report-August 24-29

This was a last minute trip, I like to plan it a bit better than what we did. We stayed at one of our favorite places, Econolodge Riverside. Before we have always had 2 queen beds, this time we opted for just 1 king bed. Room was much smaller, but just as clean as usual. Pool area was clean and great, most days we had it to ourselves. The whole area was not crowded at all. This trip we had to do alot of inside things, since it rained each day except Sunday. New restaurants, Little Toyka-great, bit expensive, but you get alot of food. DH said it was obvious that the scallops were very fresh. Salsaritas-great salsa and chips, good value. Would of ate there every day if DH of agreed. Bennetts-will never grace their door again. I think they are needing to revamp their restaurant-corn on the cob was horrible, all water soaked, cole slaw, which I had subsituted when I told them how horrible the corn was, was bland. My pulled pork was not much either. My DH was supposed to get 1/2 chicken, instead was brought out a chicken breast, which was not so good.Huck Finns-went there for lunch, good fried chicken,, then all you want fixings were great too. Bear Camp Grill-in Wears Valley is still open, we had a great breakfast/brunch. It is decorated so cute inside. Blue Moose-DH had the wing buffet which he enjoyed, I just had a small side salad-since I had been eating like a pig the whole time we were on vacation-besides I needed to save room for ice cream later that night. Tony Gores Smoky Mountain BBQ-this place looks like a hole in the wall, but food is good, besides it was packed, we got the last table. We had a combo appetizer plate, fried pickle spears, mozzarela sticks, mushrooms, onion rings, so good. Also had a pulled pork sandwich which we shared too. Loved the vinegar-hot pepper sauce served at the table-bet it would be good on a salad too. We will visit this place again.Applewood Grill-I have sang their praises-but what is up with this restaurant? They are now serving smaller portions-we were there at breakfast, we were given a basket with only 2 apple fritters, I could of ate many more-2 dried out apple muffins and DH got 1 biscuit with his omelet. I know they used to give you too much food, but now they are really getting chinzy (is that a word). Atlanta Bread Co-I was actually surprised when DH suggested we get a carry-out for supper from here-this is not his usual place to go, but the sandwiches were great and fresh, if you go to the movie place in Severiville,save your ticket stub, you get 10% off your order.Several times we went to the Smokey Mountain breakfast place located near Comedy Barn, we have been visiting them for years, good breakfast for a good price, but our last day, we got the server from hell, she was obviously new, but to bring out pancakes with no syrup, now that is a crime, DH had to run her down and get syrup. I would hate to see if they were crowded, she would not be able to function. I did tell the checkout person,she needed to be better trained, so I hope next time she does better. We also went to Dollywood one day, usual fun day, visited Cades Cove, Roaring Fork, had a picnic, usual fun spots, but the highlight of the trip was probably the Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery, we have thought about going before, but we tried it this time-it was so much fun. As soon as you enter, they get you into the mood, it was along the lines of American Idol, can't tell you much more-we were sworn to keep quiet on what we saw. The food was good too. They also have a pirate mystery for kids and another mystery that they switch up with American Idol. We laughed so hard. You have to try to figure out "who did it and give your reasons for thinking what you believe". We will do this again. It lasted approx 3 hours for the price of $30 a person, so it is on par with Dixie Stampede and other places.

Linden, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report-August 24-29

Great report. Sounds like you packed a lot in on your trip ! Where is the Tony Gores Smoky Mtn. BBQ ? Sounds like a good place to go when we are there later this month.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report-August 24-29

Tony Gores Smoky Mtn BBQ is located between Kodak and Sevierville, the address is 1818 Winfield Dunn Parkway (Highway 66), Sevierville.

3. Re: trip report-August 24-29

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 15:18