We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seymour, Tennessee
Level Contributor
300 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

It was here such a short time in 2007,they had alot of great artists coming in. But, it was so weird,I was surfing the internet and trying to find them and couldn't, even on Dick Clark's website. Then I read somewhere, the Mountain Press, I think. That the building was up for lease! What happened?! That would be a great thing for pigeon forge. I don't know if anyone has ever been to it, but they had some great acts, I was so looking forward to the 2008 season.

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
845 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

Don't know if it is true or not , but when we were up there in April we heard that the campground close to it had complaints about the loud music. I think it was a good idea but if you went to the mountains to camp and wanted peace and quiet they wouldn't be very good neighbors. Maybe they will find an area where people aren't trying to sleep nearby and reopen.

Seymour, Tennessee
Level Contributor
300 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

You know...I did hear something about that.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,133 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

I'm not buying that reason for the closure, simply because the outdoor concerts were only scheduled for last summer. By this year, the plan was to have the building converted to an indoor concert hall and they wouldn't be having the outdoor music at that point.

North GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

It could easily be a victim of the economy! Just a thought...;.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

It is strange how stories have changed with it. I remember an artical when they closed that said it was for remolding and I thought why not do that before opening.

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

The last thing I heard was Dick Clark's was fighting over the their sign with the planning commission. It was on their building get over it!! I know there needs to be a size limit for the signs on the Parkway but, Dick Clarks wasn't even on the Parkway. If it wasn't the economy then it was the Sevier County officials that drove them out. )-:

Brettman

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

The city officals and locals basically ran them out of town. They complained about the sign size, the noise level and anything else they could think of. It was a wonderfully place to go to. Inside there were free live music, snack - cafe bar and museum. The concerts were outside. It was a wonderful change to all the inside shows in Pigeon Forge and the bands were wonderful. I really hated to see them leave.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

It truly was a great idea, and I had been looking forward to taking in a show there when I heard that it was closing down many months ago. I've read what others have said about the closing, and I really have no idea why it did, but you do have to wonder how an outdoor venue like that could make a go of it in the colder months. I don't know if they could make enough money in the warm weather to sustain themselves through the summer or not. I really don't know how big the place was, but it sure would have been nice.

Cindy

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

I thought it was going to be just like the one in Branson. It is a huge place with a indoor theater, restaurant and some sort of museum. What a great opportunity that has passed by. Here is Dick Clark's website.

http://www.dickclarksabbranson.com/

Brettman

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
845 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone remember the Dick Clark's music Complex?

I would love it if they opened something like that in Pigeon Forge! Love going to the park during the day , but love a good show at night!

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge