We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

We are traveling to go outlet shopping, and I'm considering bringing the whole family....if we can find a place. :)

It will only be for a night or two, so I don't think cabins would be a good route...

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

We normally stay in cabins for this very reason but here's a list I found using google that lists pet friendly hotels in Pigeon Forge. www.bringfido.com/hotels/TN/Pigeon%20Forge/

Tennessee
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

National Parks Resort and Smoky Shadows(make sure you ask for a tower room only here)

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

Laura,

Many cabins will especially rent by owner ones. You can look at http://www.vrbo.com for that. Also, La Quinta Inn in PF will take two pups.

Good luck!

Cindy

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

Laura,

Just remembered another one...Midtown Lodge in Gatlinburg will take two pups, too. If you go there, make sure you get in the tower rooms. They're much bigger. Just to warn you this is an older hotel and is definitely showing it's age, but the rooms are large in the tower. www.midtownlodge.com

Cindy

Franklin, IN
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

The Briarstone Inn now accepts muliple pets with no weight limits. I'v heard there is a twenty dollar charge, but that is nothing compared to having your "other kids" along as well. We always travel with our small Maltese. We mostly stay in pet friendly cabins. Timber Tops does a nice job. We've never stayed at the Briarstone or Laquinta. We were told by locals that the National Park Lodge was "not a good choice"

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

You will find that while staying at a Hotel that accepts pets, they prefer that you DO NOT leave them unattended at any time.

Please consider the people staying in the rooms around yours (that's, if your dogs are barkers). I would never leave my dog alone no matter how well behaved it is. The surroundings and sounds are all new and will affect your dog if left alone.

North GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

I have often wondered about how those in a room next to a dog coped.I totally get it that people view dogs as family. We have a dog we love but I can't imagine taking him to a strange place and expecting him to adjust. I would be worried about accidents and possible chewing damage. I would not fully enjoy myself for worrying what he was doing when we went out, if he was bothering anyone around us, etc. I do not want to stay at a pet friendly hotel even without mine as I would worry about noise, smells, etc. To each his/her own, but a pet and vacation do not go together for me,

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

jj6...I TOTALLY agree. Pets should be left at home with friends or a good kennel. They are much more safe and comfortable.

Another option would be to make them a reservation at a kennel in the PF/GB area. That way, the owners could stop and see them everyday.

They should not be in a motel room. I do not stay at motels that allow pets, I cannot imagine why motels would allow it, do they actually think that most people care if they mess on the carpet?? but thats just me.

I don't think dogs are allowed in the park except for a few trails, with good reason, there are BEARS in them thar mountains, and I don't want to be anywhere near a dog in the woods putting off scents that could attract a bear.

Again, thats just me.

ps. I love dogs, I have a dog, he stays at home, and I'm pretty sure he does not realize that I am on vacation and he is not.

Level Contributor
350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

The Briarstone Inn has very bad reviews...don't think I would want to stay there. Renting a cabin on vacation with a dog would be the best option.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does anyone know of a hotel that will allow two dogs?

I forgot to mention that we've stayed in Gatlinburg at Bradley's Court, www.bradleyscourt.com , before with our dog. It's an older motel but it was clean and affordable.

For us, when we travel, we always bring our dogs because there is no way I could relax and have fun on vacation worrying about my dog in a kennel back home. If we have to stay in a hotel, which thankfully doesn't happen often, and we have to leave our dogs in the room, they are *ALWAYS* crated. No worries about them chewing on anything, no worries about them having any accidents on the floors, etc. And we leave the tv on and that's usually enough to keep them comfortable and quiet. Then again, our dogs are well-behaved and don't misbehave here at home, or while visiting family out of state.

I'm sure the motels/hotels that are pet-friendly realize that there are a lot of people that are not comfortable travelling (sometimes many hours) away from home and leaving their pet behind, thus the reason for allowing pets. Any pet-friendly hotel we've ever stayed has never smelled any worse than being in a smoking room!! In fact, I think I'd prefer always staying in a pet-friendly room as opposed to a smoking one. At least I don't start having asthma attacks in the pet-friendly rooms!!