We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap,clean room for a couple nights

ky.boy
Level Contributor
580 posts
Save Topic
cheap,clean room for a couple nights

I will be travelling to pigeon forge in february and am wanting a cheap,clean place to stay,i will just be there long enough to sleep and get a shower then plan on doing some hiking-basicaly just need a place to crashh when not hiking-prefer somewhere near light #8-any help would be appreciated.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap,clean room for a couple nights

I would suggest the Best Western Plaza Inn. There is also a comfort Inn and a Quality Inn at or near light #8.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
775 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap,clean room for a couple nights

I haven't stayed here, but this is where my brother always stays, so it must be ok. It's between lights 7 & 8, Smoky Mountain Motor Lodge

3661 Parkway - Pigeon Forge TN 37863-3811 (865) 453-9732

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap,clean room for a couple nights

Shular Inn

2708 Parkway – Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

Between lights 3 and 2 (closer to 3). It's not exactly where you want,however,the room we had was large and clean. I think we paid about $40/night. The staff was very friendly. They have a free breakfast but we didn't eat there. We never looked at the b'fast so I can't comment either way.

We would stay there again.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,770 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap,clean room for a couple nights

There are a lot of very inexpensive hotels in PF, most are fairly clean, most don't have big brand names but are still good places to stay.

None of my business, but if you are planning to mainly hike, I assume in the park, why not stay in Gatlinburg? It would be a lot closer, less time to get into the park each day.

Check out the reviews in the PF or GB area of TA, you will find most hotels listed. Have fun!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,151 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap,clean room for a couple nights

I can suggest the Rodeway Inn at the end of the parkway just before the spur to Gatlinburg begins.

I can also suggest the Motel 6 location futher north near Music Road.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap,clean room for a couple nights

It's not the cheapest, but every time we stay a night or two in PF, we try to use the Econolodge Riverside. It's very clean, has a great breakfast, and the kids LOVE feeding the ducks out back.

http://www.econolodge-pigeonforge.com/

Have a great trip!

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
453 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap,clean room for a couple nights

We stayed at the Smokey Mountain Motor Lodge once before and had a nice, clean, comfortable room. That time of the year you can practically name your rate.

toledo, ohio
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap,clean room for a couple nights

Right near traffic light #8 is the motel that we always stay at in Pigeon Forge named The Colonial House Inn. Been staying there once or twice a year every year for the past 10 years. Cheap, very very clean, very friendly staff. Go to their website and look around. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Here is their website:

www.colonialhousemotel.com

North GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap,clean room for a couple nights

WOW! Colonial House looks awesome! Is mid OCT just crazy in PF????

toledo, ohio
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cheap,clean room for a couple nights

It really is nice, never had a single complaint after all these years of frequenting this motel.

Never been in Oct. before, so not sure of that.