We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
90 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

Good Morning - after spending a couple of weeks surfing the web looking for the perfect cabin for our 5 day stay in the Smokies at the end of June, I've pretty much given up - and decided it's time to ask the experts!

Here's what I'm looking for:

1. New(er) Cabin

2. 2BR or 3BR ... sleeps 6 minimum

3. Plenty of game room activities (i.e. arcade machine, pool, air hockey, etc.) to keep 3 kids under 8 years old occupied.

*4.*. An exceptionally great view of the PF and / or Gatlinburg city lights at night.

5. Cost < +/- $350 per night.

Cabins that made it to 'the final cut' include Lookout Lodge in StarrCrest, but at $499 / night, a tad to expensive, as are the cabins in Gatlinburg located above the aquarium. The StarrCrest Resort is ideally where I'd like to be, but trying to go through all of the cabin rental companies in addition to StarrCrest's website, in addition to vrbo / homeaway is a task. In reality, I'm open to staying just about anywhere in the area as long as my self - imposed 5 criteria are met (especially #4).

Thanks in advance for the help!! - Brian

Amory, Mississippi
Level Contributor
129 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

Look Out Lodge is an excellent pick for both night light and Mt views. It is at the end of Runt road. Looking off this balcony to the left is a row of cabins. Not real private if there are other renters there.

Cabins within a rocks throw of Look Out Lodge are Dream View (VRBO) Afternoon Delight (stayed there) and a huge new construction cabin at the end of the road. They should be about finished with it now.

My picks for "city view" are Wild Thing (stayed there),Chocolate Moose, and Over The Top. Most of the newer cabins are on Starr Ridge Drive with the exception of Bear Heaven and Candy Kisses.

Try these links

tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g55328-d57767…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55328-d577670-…

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

Timber Tops cabins has a couple that overlook town..but I think they are much larger than what you are looking for...also try the Black Bear Falls area...which I could help more

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

Check out this one, it looks good. I have never stayed here but i am sure the view is beautiful especially at night. It looks like it's well within your price range.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

I guess it would help if i gave you the link.

http://www.yourcabin.com/cabin.aspx?cabin=734

Deer Creek, Illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

Try www.vrbo.com also - that's where I've been looking - there's lots on there! Unfortunately I'm only looking for a 2 person but there are larger ones on there.

Alabama
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

We're heading up next week and staying at "Over The Top" (It's a Timber Top rental) The pictures are fantastic I sure hope it's as good as it looks on line. It's a little pricey but all of us are looking forward to this family vacation. I'll post and let you know if you're still looking.

watseka illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

starr crest resort has a cabin called wild thing it says its one bedroom but it has 2 bedrooms i stayed there in march very nice cabin couch pulls out to.i think it sleeps 6-8 it has a pool table ,arcade game,xbox and a play station it also has a computer station and for the view, it is great you can see pigeon forge lights and sevierville lights and also you can hear the whistle from the steam train from dollywood(not loud) but off in the distence and a very nice mountain view

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
588 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

Contact Timber Tops Luxury Cabin Rentals 1-800-266-1066. Ask for Melissa. She can find a cabin that will suit your group and pocketbook... John

Germantown...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

Here's a couple of chalets that have mountain and city views.

alpinechaletrentals.com/viewproperty.aspx…

alpinechaletrentals.com/viewproperty.aspx…

10. Re: Newer Cabin with Outstanding City Night Light Views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2009, 07:19