We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rockwall, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

Help please, two of the things my husband and I want to do while in the area are: go to a AA baseball game in Sevierville and to the Comedy Barn for a show. Do either sell out? Should I buy tickets online prior to arriving?

Thanks!

Canada, Kentucky
Level Contributor
778 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

Hi txmasonmom, I don't think it would be necessary to book ahead online but what I would do is go when you arrive in town and purchase the tickets. When we went to the show, we stopped by that morning and got ours for that night. I can't help with the game. Sorry.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

I have been to the comedy barn 3 times. The first time I went there to purchase tickets an hour before the show and it was sold out. The other 2 times I purchased on line and those shows where not sold out. If you purchase online I think there is a discount on the ticket price. I may be wrong. They will hold your tickets for you at the ticket office and you can pick them up before the show. If you do not purchase the tickets online they I would make a point of buying them early when you get in town.

I do not know about the baseball game. However minor league games usually do not sell out.

John

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

I wouldn't worry about getting tickets for the Smokies ahead of time. We have been to the games and had no trouble buying reserved seat tickets when we walk up. It's a great time.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

I agree with the other post, for Comedy Barn, stop in the morning or the day before and purchase you seats to be sure you get them for the show you want.

The minor league games are normally not close to being sold out and you can purchase the tickets the day before or the day of the game. If we are in the area when a game is being played, we just pick up the tickets the day before or sometimes right before the game and we have never had any problems getting tickets. It is a very nice park, clean, great seating, they have ticket giveaways all through the game for all types of prizes. It is easy to get to, just north of the interstate. Usually you can pick whereve you wish to sit, behing home plate or whereever.

I would also recommend the Smith Family show in PF for the best show in PF. We haven't done it since it went to a dinner theater, but the show in the past has been hilarious and not hokey. The intermission show by the "Darlings" is worth the cost of the show.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,695 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

The only time minor league baseball games sell out in Sevierville is when some really big special event is taking place there, like used car night or something like that.

If you are going on a "regular" night, there's no fear of them selling out ahead of time. Just be warned that the Smokies are one of the highest priced minor league facilities around the Souther League. The charge something like $9 or $10 for general admission seats.

Here in Chattanooga, we get general admissions seats for $4 and seniors are only $2.

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

Wow Kat_Cubs_fan. That IS cheap. Our local stadium here, the Montgomery Biscuits, charges by where you sit in the stadium. The most expensive is $11. Then it's $9 for the next seats and $7 for the lawn seats (meaning you bring your own seat and sit out in the grassy area). I always thought those were pretty cheap. haha!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,695 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

Believe it or not, our consessions here in Chattanooga at Bell South Park where the Lookouts play are very reasonable too. And since the stadium is right down town, my company offers all of it's parking lots for free parking use on game nights.

The local owner of the team feels he can get more people, especially families, to come out to the games if he keeps prices low, hence he comes out ahead with larger attendance at the games. He does lots of promo nights too, as almost every home game the Lookouts have has some sort of promo going.

BTW, if anyone is in Chattanooga from April to September, check to see if the Lookouts are home during your visit. It's great fun and very, very affordable.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

In Chattanooga they have a really nice minor league stadium. Also if you plan it right you can spend a day at the aquarium, Imax, Studium and a few other sites without every moving your car. I did that a few years ago and it was a good time.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

Kat "The only time minor league baseball games sell out in Sevierville is when some really big special event is taking place there, like used car night or something like that".

OMG..I laughed so hard at that comment. USED CAR night being a big special event. lol That just really hit my funy bone! :)

As for Comedy Barn, I agree that booking early is worth it, as each time I went I waited until the day of and booked in the morning..our seats were kind of in the back. i have learned the earlier you book the better the seats. Comedy Barn doesn't really have a 'bad seat' but it really is much more fun if you can get closer to the stage. Our first time there, oneof the dogs lifted his hind leg and peed on one of the organists. Way too funny, unfortunately I didn't get a real good view of it until I watched the vhs tape I bought!

Rockwall, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pre-book Comedy Barn or Tennessee Smokies tickets?

Thank you all so much for your input. This helps tremendously! We are going to be there either the June 5, 6 or 7 games. We haven't decided which game to attend yet. I'm sure we will plan more intentional as it gets closer. I looked on the schedule and they are playing Chattanooga, so we will get to see your Chattanooga team too. That will be fun! I love baseball, but I'm sad to say the Texas Rangers have been terrible in recent years (about the last 10), so I haven't gotten to a game in quite a while, plus I have a 2 yr old and 4 yr old at home now. They will not be with us for this vacation, so my hubbie and I are looking forward to this time. Is the boxoffice for the Smokies open all day or just certain times of the day? We are staying in Cobbly Nob, so just driving up to Sevierville to get tickets probably won't happen. We will probably just go right before the game to get them, now that I think about it since its not usually sold out. Funny you guys mentioned the Chattanooga team b/c we are staying 4 nights in the Sevierville/PF/GB area and then heading to Chattanooga for 1 night on our way back to Texas. We are planning on visiting the Tennessee Aquarium while in Chattanooga. Is the Comedy Barn theater right off the Interstate? And is their box office open at certain hours or all during the day? We again, haven't decided which show to attend, but definitely want to go.

Does anyone know how far these things are from Cobbly Nob? I know I can just google map it, but also interested in your perspective. I have heard about PF traffic but I haven't ever experienced it, so I don't know what to compare it to. We have traffic in Dallas during rush hour, construction, etc. but I don't know that PF will be any big deal or a big deal and we need to allow extra time to get places if we have to drive to PF or through PF for something.

I'm sorry to ramble, just want to prepare accordingly and enjoy our vacation!

Thanks so much!!

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge