We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Been Recently? How are the crowds?

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Been Recently? How are the crowds?

Anyone get back from PF recently? How are the summer crowds/traffic? See any good lodging deals? We might do an off-the-cuff trip in a few days - how's it looking?

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Been Recently? How are the crowds?

we were in PF in mid June, traffic was not as heavy during the week, we stayed at red roof, that was the best deal we found, it was around $55 during the week

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Been Recently? How are the crowds?

I have to say it is def. hit or miss! I was there the week of Fathers Day. On Fathers Day we went to Dollywood, a Sunday, expecting huge crowds, the place was empty! we went to get our Qbot as we always do and the Dollywood employees recommended against it because the park was so empty and rides had no wait! Well, I figured this was a sign that it would DEFINATELY be quiet during the week, OMG we drove past DW on Tuesday after Fathers day in the morning and it was MOBBED... A DW employee said to me, "locals come out during the week and not on weekends thinking the weekends will be crowded... but the real crowds right now are people who live here!" Don't know how accurate that was but I myself follow that practice! I have a home there and when we are there we avoid the parkway and esp going to GB on weekends and go during the week! So who knows!!! :)

Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
413 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Been Recently? How are the crowds?

We just got back from PF last Thursday. The traffic on the Parkway was steady but very slow. I know my way around it so its not much of an issue for me. Dollywood was great on Tuesday. No real crowds but the new show isn't open on Tuesday either so I guess its a trade-off. The water park was very crowded.

Gatlinburg traffic was bad but when isn't it?

Have a great trip and go to the mountains every chance you get!!!

4. Re: Been Recently? How are the crowds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 08:30
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge