We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best day to visit Dollywood?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lowell, IN
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best day to visit Dollywood?

We will be in the area from 8/10-8/17, and we plan on going to Dollywood. Anyone know which weekday is usually the least crowded? Thanks!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best day to visit Dollywood?

From what I've seen any weekday is better than either weekend day for sure but other than that I'm not sure you'll find much difference. Although be careful going on Monday. We found that some shows and I believe other activities weren't open on that day.

Check out this schedule and enter your date range in the blue box on the right to make sure the shows or other activities you want to make are open that day.

http://dollywood.com/dates-hours/#results

BTW, I recommend the show Sha Kon O Hey. It was very entertaining to us.

Chris

Alabama
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best day to visit Dollywood?

We went a few weeks ago - went after 3 on Sunday and all day Monday. Due to the scheduling, we were not able to see the animal show (Kratt brothers?). The park was very crowded Sunday, but crowds were light on Monday. We were able to doe everything we wanted to do by about 4 on Monday due to the light crowds.

Patti

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best day to visit Dollywood?

When the park opens at 9:00am on Sunday mornings it is not crowded at all until around noon. No lines or waiting for anything. At least that's our experience in several trips this summer. Few shows run before noon so it's pretty much rides only.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best day to visit Dollywood?

Tuesday and Wednesday always seemed lighter to us. Try to avoid the weekend if you can.

Like Gottagocit mentioned, Sha Kon O Hey was a great show! I highly recommend it.

5. Re: Best day to visit Dollywood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge