We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day weekend

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
584 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Labor Day weekend

I understand Labor Day weekend at PF is a zoo. For example, based on history can someone tell me when I approach the parkway from US 321 about 3pm Friday afternoon, can I expect a long line of traffic on US 321 waiting to turn on the parkway?

I will be trying to get to Dollywood lane. I know to cross parkway and go to Teaster. Thanks.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labor Day weekend

Yes, you can expect a long line of traffic at that time of day on Friday, especially with a holiday weekend.

However, if you are coming from Wears Valley up Hwy 321 to the parkway, you'll be coming out at traffic light #3 and you only have to get to traffic light #8, so the distance isn't all that far. It just make take a while to get "turned" and such from 321 onto the parkway, then it may take a good while to travel that small distance.

Georgia
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Labor Day weekend

Sure, traffic will be congested. Coming in from Wear Valley Rd., and crossing the parkway onto Teaster Lane will not be as bad as traveling the parkway. This is the way I travel, and it really is the quickest route I'm aware of.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Labor Day weekend

Normally the worst is getting from the interstate to the turn off at Sevierville. Once you get to that area you can get onto the new roads that they have built to bypass the parkway traffic.

If you are coming in from any other way than the interstate, once you get to the Parkway, you won't have much problems or time spent waiting. Just get on one of the new backroads and you will be on your way.

The wait from the interstate to Sevierville is a killer at times. Personally, we prefer that to the other routes in on the curvy barely two lane roads we have seen. We tried one of those during one visit just to figure out how to get to a highly rated attraction, saw a bad cycle wreck in one of the tight turns on a road that was barely bigger than a driveway.

To each their own.

Good luck and post back to let us know how you went and how the traffic was.

Look for a Corvette that weekend, it could be us!

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
584 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Labor Day weekend

What color corvette?

5. Re: Labor Day weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge