We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins USA

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cabins USA

Looking at renting a cabin from Cabins USA, they look fairly nice. Anyone had good or bad experiences with this company? Are there nicer cabins elsewhere?

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabins USA

I stayed with Cabins USA in June 2008. It was not the best stay but I would book there again. The cabin was nice, a lower nightly rate cabin which was nice. My issues where with the staff on duty.

First the map which we where given to the cabin was terrible. Make sure you locate the cabin in the daytime first. Thank god we did.

There where only sheets on the bed. No blankets, etc.

When we got there the ht tub was not hot. The next day it still was not hot but the heaters where on. When we turned on pump it sprayed wter everywhere but mainly on the electrical equipment. I called Cabin USA but the person on staff did not seem concerned. She explained that there was clause in the contract saying they where not responsible for non working items in the cabin. My concern was the tub getting turned on and then someone getting fired. She said she would have a repairman come fix the hot tub but never did.

Also after paying $50.00 cleaning fee the tip envolpe from the cleaning service was really nice.

When we checked out they had no record of my call about the problems.

I think it was just the weekend/after hours staff who did not care. I would give them a second chance.

John

PA
Level Contributor
75 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabins USA

My Wife and I have used Cabins USA twice the last time being September 2007. The last time the staff was absolutely nasty. We got into town about 1:30 PM and I just stopped to see if the unit was available yet or not. The girl went off smartly saying check in time was 3:00 no exceptions. I told her I was just checking and she could finish her lunch and I would be back at 3:00. After stopping back at 3:00 she was still miserable and as she returned my credit card placed it rather hard back on the counter. At this point I asked her what her problem was, she was taken back a bit and became somewhat nicer. After getting to the cabin the hot tub cover was broken up and kind of laying in the water (Center was sunk) after taking pictures of it we got back in truck and went back to the office. Once again Miss Sunshine was there. After telling her about the cover she stated there was a $350.00 fee to replace hot tub covers. I told her to call the local police that she was out of her mind if she thought she was charging me for the cover, now note this was not even one hour after getting the keys. She instantly backed down saying not to worry about it.

This year we will be using Jackson Mountain Homes. Funny thing is when I made the reservation the girl stated that if we got into town early to call or stop in that if the cabin was ready we could check in early. Read reviews on here of all cabin companys.

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
827 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabins USA

We have used Cabins USA twice and never had any problems. The cabins that we have stayed in were both in the Cabins at the Crossing resort and were both very nice cabins. The staff at check in were not the friendliest people, but were not rude to us. They just took our $$ and gave us a map and explained where the cabin was.

The only problem we had, and it wasn't a big one, was trying to swap dirty towels for clean ones the first year we used them. They acted like they really didn't want to do it and made sure to tell us that we had to bring in ALL of the towels so they could count them (as if I would steal those cheap cabin towels) so after that I just washed and dried them at the cabin.

But overall we had good experiences with them and will use them again in the future.

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
827 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabins USA

Forgot to add that we have also used Black Bear Lodging and they had extra nice, clean cabins and had excellent customer service. They are a little more expensive that Cabins USA, but I think their cabins are a little nicer. I think most of their cabins are in the Wears Valley area.

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
453 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabins USA

We typically stay in Wears Valley and rent from Cove Mountain, but this past April we took our children our son in laws and grands to the mountains. They wanted to stay closer to town so we rented from Cabins USA for the very first time. The cabin itself was beautiful and clean - no problems there. Check in was a bit difficult - I was used to easier dealings with Cove Mountain, but no one was rude and no problems. So no complaints there. The only issue we had, was we specifically asked for a cabin with a yard and a yard that was not on a cliff, steep incline and a place that was somewhat baby safe. We had two year old twins and a crawling infant. The photo showed a nice rolling landscape. Somewhere in between the taking of that photo and our arrival, they had begun excavation of that sloping lot and were making plans to build cabins directly behind the one we were in. It was a sheer bluff/dropoff. We had every intention of watching the boys so we weren't that fearful they would get out and tumble down the cliff, but we had been looking forward to letting them out to play so the yard was a disappointment. There was no gate or doorway to the very steep staircase that went to the lower level bedroom. I'm sure this is the same in most cases, but we had specifically asked for a "baby safe" entrance and were assured there was a doorway. Nope - nada - wasn't there. Luckily as an afterthought I had packed my superyard and we took it apart and took bungee cord from the truck and made our own childproof stairway upstairs. Our daughter went to Walmart and purchased a baby gate for the lower level to keep the boys from trying to make it up the stairs - they were extremely steep. We have stairs and an upper level deck at home so it's not as if the older boys weren't used to climbing them, but these were much steeper, narrower and there was no light on them. That was our only complaint. It would not have been a problem in anyway if it had been just us adults, but we had specifically asked for "baby safe" and a nice rolling yard at the most - not a cliff. Next time the boys come - paw paw and I will take them to Wears Valley with us, where we're learning our way around and the cabins that have the accomodations we need to suit the boys. Otherwise - I'd have no problem renting from Cabins USA again - with just adults. It's just when I specify a particular need I would like that met - as with toddler safety.

ontario
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabins USA

Thanks for the input, will look into the other places as well.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabins USA

We rented a cabin thru Cabin Fever Vacations last week.....the staff was great and the cabin "All Things Considered" was wonderful....description showed 3 bedrooms, however there was a full bed and full bath in the theater room making it 4 bedrooms...loved the cabin....very nice and clean....the kids loved the theater room....cabin was easy to find and only about 10 minutes from the parkway.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabins USA

I'd still say Sunset Cottage has the best rates, friendly staff, and clean cabins. Also a catchy commercial lol "Your Home in the Smokies Sunset Cottage" i always find myself singing it when it comes on the radio here.

9. Re: Cabins USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge