We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant for a 6 Year Old's Birthday Dinner

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Best Restaurant for a 6 Year Old's Birthday Dinner

My son will be turning six years old during our Smoky Mountain vacation in December. We are taking him to Dollywood for his birthday and we are trying to choose a place to eat dinner and celebrate his birthday.I have not been to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg in over seven years,so I am not familiar with the local restaurants. We are even open to eating at Dollywood. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Smoky Mountains...
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurant for a 6 Year Old's Birthday Dinner

For a six year old, I would recommend Dixie Stampede. It is a dinner show your whole family can enjoy. At that age the show would be something he would never forget. Take a look at their website. It may be something you're interested in. Have a great vacation. Oh, and happy birthday.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurant for a 6 Year Old's Birthday Dinner

I would say it kind of depends on what his favorite foods are. There are so many great restaurants in town. The dixie stampede is a good idea but if you have been at Dollywood all day you might not feel like doing that the same day. You might want to check out the happy days diner, it's a fun place to get burgers and a shake and is decorated in a 50's style. There is also the flying horse grill which is a burger place too with a carousel inside. My kids like the old mill where they can watch the ducks and walk around the shops.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurant for a 6 Year Old's Birthday Dinner

Not the best food, but kids love Mr. Gatti's. It's similar to Chucky Cheese.

dininginthesmokies.com/_sevier/aamrgatt.htm

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurant for a 6 Year Old's Birthday Dinner

kids would probably like the Mr gatti's, if you did the Dixie Stampede, you tell them it is his birthday and they would announce it at the pre-show, he might like that, but like someone else said, you might want to change your dollywood day so he is not as tired

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurant for a 6 Year Old's Birthday Dinner

What 6 yr old don't love McDonalds?

Besides, do the happy meal and he gets a toy...

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurant for a 6 Year Old's Birthday Dinner

The Flying Horse Grill is a nice place and has a carousel. While my grandsons will not ride the "Merry-go-round" at Dollywood...too tame, they think a carousel at a restaurant is pretty cool. You get one free ride with your meal.

http://www.flyinghorsegrill.net/index.shtml

I think your son will have a great time anywhere, as long as you make him feel special.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1,102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurant for a 6 Year Old's Birthday Dinner

I personally think the Dixie Stampede would be fun for a child for their birthday. They do use some kids from the audience in portions of the show--like the chicken races--so it would be really neat if you could arrange for your son to be part of the show. I wonder if you called ahead if you could set that up??

I have also heard kids rave about Mr. Gatti's pizza. I have read some terrible reviews online, but I have personally overhead kids begging their parents to go to Mr. Gatti's. Once when I was at Splash Country, I heard a little boy say to his mom, "Mom, we are going to Mr. Gatti's after this, right?". It was so cute...he couldnt wait to leave the waterpark to go to Mr. Gatti's.

But if you are interested in some FREEBIES..check out the kids clubs:

If you register with Sonic, your child can get a FREE Wacky Pack kid's meal during the week of their birthday. There are at least 2 Sonic's in the area.

If you join Friends of Krispy Kreme, I read that you get free donut on your birthday. There is a Krispy Kreme in PF.

Shoneys also has a kids club for kids under 10 that gets them a FREE Birthday Kids Meal. There is a Shoneys in GB.

Burger King also gives a FREE BK® Kids Meal if you sign up for the BK Kids Club. I know there is a BK in Sevierville.

Texas Roadhouse has a kids club. It doesn't say WHAT you get, but says you get "delicious gifts & offers". It does ask if you have kids under 12yrs old and birthdates. So, you must get something. There are a few Texas Roadhouses in the area too.

Denny's has a birthdy club that gets them not only a free entree, but a free sundae too! But there is NOT one in the area. Maybe you will pass one on the way to/from vacation OR have one in your hometown.

Red Robin, Red Lobster, Cold Stone Cremery, Marble Slab, Baskin Robbins, LoneStar and Friendly's all have clubs for birthdays..but Im not sure if there are any in this part of TN.

You might also consider Magic Beyond Belief show too. Kids are free with adult ticket purchase. I have heard them announce engagements, weddings, anniversaries and etc. I'm sure they would have the magician announce your child's birthday too! If you stay after the show, your child can meet with the magician for autographs and photos. That might be neat for a birthday surprise.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

8. Re: Best Restaurant for a 6 Year Old's Birthday Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge