We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds after Christmas - Dollywood?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jc tenn
Level Contributor
542 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Crowds after Christmas - Dollywood?

Thinking of a trip the end of Dec for a few days. How are the Dollywood crowds then?

KC

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,488 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowds after Christmas - Dollywood?

Dollywood crowds in the week between Xmas and NY are horrible. We tried it one year and felt we wasted our money because it was too crowded to see the entire park. I'd only do this again if I had a season pass and could go multiple days.

If you can't go before Xmas week, and you don't have a season pass, it's a waste of money.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowds after Christmas - Dollywood?

I've never been in Dollywood at Chritmas or New Years but I have been many times throughout summer and into fall. I've never seen it so crowded that I felt it was a waste of money. It's true that sometimes on weekend days in the summer it's pretty crowded and you may have a short wait on some rides but I've always enjoyed the experience.

It is true though that the season pass is great as you can come back as often as you like and not have to stay all day if you don't want to.

Chris

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowds after Christmas - Dollywood?

Even at peak times lately, it hasn't been too bad. I go each year right around the busiest times (Oct, Nov, and right after xmas I am usually there) and I have noticed a big drop in the crowds. SO much so that sometimes I will go get a q-bot to prevent waiting in lines and the DW employees will actually advise against it saying the park really isn't that crowded. This has been the last few times I went including a few weeks ago right at one of the busiest times of the year peak foliage time! That's not to say it won't pick up or it definately won't be crowded, but I can tell you we will be there a few days after Christmas for sure! :) crowds or not!!!

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowds after Christmas - Dollywood?

I will be there Dec.5th and can't wait....... we have been there at the first few weeks of Dec. and never have had any trouble there is always room for a few more I always say. hope you have a good time. I got season tickets again about a week ago so this trip is really free for us.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
745 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowds after Christmas - Dollywood?

We are comming up for 9 days at christmas time this year.I was on the dollywood web site and they are running a special on season tickets which works out cheeper than buying 2 days tickets so we are buying the 2010 season tickets this year for 79.00 each adult and 60.00 (apx.) cost for the kids.When you buy the 2010 tickets you get in for christmas this year free for the remainder of the year.

6. Re: Crowds after Christmas - Dollywood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2010, 05:17