We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dixie Stampede question

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
670 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dixie Stampede question

Does anyone know- for kids at the DS, is there a kids menu or do they get a smaller portion of the adult menu? I tried sending in the form to ask on the site, but it keeps coming up error. I will try again later, but I thought someone here would know? Also do you think a five year old would sit through the show and actually enjoy it?

Thanks.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dixie Stampede question

Sorry, the only alternate menu I'm aware of is a vegetarian option. If you pay for a seat, they'll get one or the other.

My kids have always loved the show. I don't think you'll have any troubles there.

Have a great time!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dixie Stampede question

Thanks for the input. I am pretty sure there are things that they both will like on the menu, but the 5 yr old is going through a picky stage. He's basically a chicken nugget/cheeto machine right now, lol. I was thinking some places had an alternate menu for kids, but wasn't sure if DS did or not. Thanks anyways.

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dixie Stampede question

Black Bear Jamboree has an alternate kids menu that includes chicken nuggets, tater tots and corn on the cob.

Canada, Kentucky
Level Contributor
778 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dixie Stampede question

Hey karen, just tell your five year old that he gets to eat everything with his hands!!!! That might sound fun to him...there's no silverware used. Make it sound like a really big deal!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dixie Stampede question

I did finally manage to get through on the comment form. You all were right. Same menu for kids as the adult menu. But that's okay. I think he will really like the "hands-on" dinner. Thanks for the help.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dixie Stampede question

Hope you enjoy it!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dixie Stampede question

We have taken our kids when they could not even walk yet and now have taken our grandson with us, we have never had any problems, unless it was wanting something out of the gift shop after the show.

Biloxi, Mississippi
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dixie Stampede question

Your 5 year old will LOVE it!!!!! No worries there... The menu is the exact same as the adults. We don't really go for the food. The show is the bomb dot com.. LOL

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dixie Stampede question

I kind of figured that the show would be the highlight for him. If he doesn't like the food, oh well, I can swing through the drive-thru of mickeydee's and get a happy meal.

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dixie Stampede question

The first time we went our son was 5. He was bound and determined he was not going to enjoy himself, we practically had to drag him in. Once the show started he was totally mesmerized & I had to keep poking him to eat!!

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge