We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

We are from Ontario Canada and planning a trip to Pigeon Forge in August 2010, we would like to rent a cabin, we are baffled by the choices, we have two children 14 and 15, figure a 2 bedroom is plenty big enough, any recomendations to narrow down the search of cabin, as long as it is clean, a pool table might be nice for the kids for a change, any help is appreciated

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

Is that the place you are set to stay at? Or are you open to other suggestions? I have never stayed with that particular company. But we have stayed with Sunset Cottages before and they are an excellent company. Great reviews, too.

Their website is www.sunsetcottage.com

They have alot of cabin choices located all around Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Plus lots of different cabin choices, some with game rooms. And they have excellent prices. Check their specials page, they runs some really good specials throughout the year. If you need help finding a cabin there, they have a 1-800 phone number you can call, and they have really helpful staff that can answer any question and help you find the perfect cabin, based on the things you want. I hope this helps!

Karen

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

thanks Karen, I will check it out, the only reason we picked Alpine Mountain is because someone at my husbands work used them, what is closer to more attractions Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

I have been trying to figure this out, the cabins with Alpine Mountain Village all seem to be in one area or beside each other, Sunset Cottage Cabins seem to be privately owned and spread out throughout the area, how do I figure out which cabin would be suitable for us, we are interested in the tourist attractions such as Dollywood, etc. Is there a company available that actually runs the Sunset Cottage rentals., The prices certainly seem good

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

Sunset Cottage is it's own rental company. We have stay with them before and were very pleased. With many cabin rental co. you can pick cabins according to location. With Sunset we stayed in Arrowhead Resort which is 1.5 miles from the PF parkway off light #6. Since this is vacation and always travel a great distance to get here, I prefer not to do lots of driving when trying to enjoy the vacation activities. If you call or do live chats online, an agent can always let you know the distance from the parkway in which the cabin is located. Most of these little resort type places are quaint, quiet, and you may even find a cabin that is a smidge secluded. If in doubt or have other question that we can't help you with on TA always call the rental co. they are full of info and suggestions. Hope this helps.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

Do your homework! There are thousands of cabins and it will pay you to spend some time on the internet looking for the right cabin. Starr Crest is an ideal location close to Dollywood. Their cabins are top notch and you can do real well if you find them on VRBO. It will be much cheaper and you can deal directly with the owner and cut out the middleman's mark up. Legacy Mountain have beautiful cabins as well. We are staying early Jan. in a beautiful cabin called "Paradise View". (VRBO)Check it out---it's a 3 bedroom with a gorgeous view and all upscale amenities and is 5-10 minutes from Dollywood. Good luck and let us know how your search is going!

Edited: 23 December 2009, 17:40
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

I still think your best bet is Sunset Cottages. I am all about getting the best deal, and I look at cabins FOREVER before I book. It never matters which time of the year we go, they always have the best prices. If there is a certain area you are wanting, just call the office for Sunset Cottages. You can tell them where you want to stay, and how many bedrooms you need. And any other things that are a must-have. Then they can do the search while you are on the phone. I am sure they have something that will work for you.

If you need any more help, just send me a message. I would be glad to help.

Karen

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

Thanks for your reply, I am looking at Sunset Cottages again, where is Arrowhead resort in relation to Dollywood and Gatlinburg, I have read on here that Gatlinburg has lots to do, would we be better to stay at a cottage there or in Pigeon Forge which is where we originally were going to stay, We are fine driving to attractions, i just don;t want to drive an hour to get to everything. We will be two families with kids 13 - 19. It is mind boggling, one thing I haven;t read any negative about any resort there yet, if you know of any let me know so I can mark it off my check list

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

Arrowhead Resort is located about 1 1/2 miles off the Pigeon Forge Parkway. Located off light #6 Pine Mountain Rd. (which is a little closer to the Gatlinburg end of Pigeon Forge). Dollywood is within 5 mintues from Arrowhead Resort and Gatlinburg is within 10 minutes (bypass or not) ~ this also depends on traffic. Some of the cabins Sunset Cottage list ahve the distance from the Pigeon Forge parkway which helps greatly in planning your stay. Our first year of renting a cabin we stayed in the Richardson Cove area "literally God's Country" , beautiful drive to the cabin if it was daylight and not raining. The cabin was just what we wanted in terms of nice, cozy, secluded, and all the amenities, but it took us 30-45 minutes to get to the cabin on any giving trip (October). If we didn't plan on leaving the cabin, it would have been perfect!!! Just a thought.

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

Matfel44 I just saw in your post on Dec. 22, 2009 @ 2:39pm that you had questioned about the cabins being together. Some cabin companies own/rent all the cabins in a certain location/resort. In Arrowhead Resort the cabins are close together (either front or back of house will be secluded), but several different companies own/rent those houses out. There is also a resort pool at the main entrance of the drive!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabins at Alpine Mountain Village

thanks Farmgirllulu, we want to be close to everything thats for sure, we are deciding between a large cabin for the two families or two seperate, I think splitting the cost on a large cabin is definetely cheaper, it is hard to know when looking at the cabins if they are close to each other, I would want to be able to walk to the other families cabin. I noticed Sunset gives how many miles off the Parkway they are so I am trying to go by that, I guess once we decide our best bet is to call them and they can better assist over the phone.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge