We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April 2010 PF info

Georgia
Level Contributor
15 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
April 2010 PF info

My family is planning a trip to PF and Dollywood the first full week of April. I figure the weather is a gamble a the time. Will flowers be in bloom yet? Is this a good week to go to Dollywood and the area?

peedeejones
Level Contributor
8 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April 2010 PF info

We just decided today that we are also going during the first week in April.

I know we went around this time two years ago and the weather was perfect!

It was highs in the upper 60s/lower 70s and we had no rain.

I'm sure it's not like that all the time. Also, I do remember there being lots of flowers blooming at Dollywood. It was a beautiful time of year.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April 2010 PF info

The big pull of wildflowers blooms from April to early summer, so you're good in that area. In my experience April is always a lovely time to come; March is usually more of the gamble month. With climate irradification, though, who knows what it'll be like this year...

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: April 2010 PF info

There will be a few flowers blooming the first week in April. Towards the end of April is the best time to go. On the other hand...the red bud trees will be in bloom the first of April. They are beautiful. May even see some dogwoods blooming, if it is a warm spring.

Albemarle, North...
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April 2010 PF info

we got to PF every April usually around the 10th or so. it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! we just so happen to be there in 2008 in april and fell in love with how beautiful it was and that's how we chose to get married there in april 2009 [4.11.09]. we had been at other times but none were as beautiful as april. it got up to 80 some days, some days it was 60. nights were nice for wearing a light jacket. and the flowers are omg beautiful!!!!! tulips are everywhere and that's another reason we chose to get married in april because all of the tulips were blooming and are usually gone at the end of the month. tulips are my favorite flower. we had to move our vacation this year to the end of april and i'm afraid i won't get to see the gorgeous tulips this time :(

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,736 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April 2010 PF info

MK_ the tail end of April is gorgeous too- no worries. Last spring, we were there towards the end of April. No tulips, but... all the dogwoods were in bloom and every other wild flower you can imagine were everywhere--

6. Re: April 2010 PF info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 08:16