We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who is your favorite cabin rental company and activity?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mississippi
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Who is your favorite cabin rental company and activity?

If you could only come to Pigeon Forge one week out of your life, what activity would you do and what rental company would you chose?

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who is your favorite cabin rental company and activity?

We typicaly stay in a hotel because were only there for short trips and i like to be in the middle of everything but the only rental co. we have used we had a great experience and have friends who use them all the time is www.majesticmountainvacations.com

I would take in some shows especially the comedy barn and the country tonite. We just don't have stuff like that around our area and we like to do things on vacation we can't do here including eating at restaurants we don't have here either.

Tampa Bay FL
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Who is your favorite cabin rental company and activity?

Our favorite cabin rental company is Smoky Cove Chalet and Cabin Rentals, smokycovechaletandcabinrentals.com. We have used this company for the last two years and are extremely pleased with their beautiful cabins and service. They are very convenient to all the attractions and the rental office is at the entrance of the resort. We love it at Smoky Cove.

Our favorite activity is driving through the mountains and taking in the beauty of nature. The kids would say their favorite is visiting Dollywood. Our family loves our trips to the mountains and we try to go every year. We are all looking forward to our next trip this spring.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who is your favorite cabin rental company and activity?

Thanks for the responses! The only rental company we have used is cabin fever rentals (cabinfeverentals.com). We had a great experience with them.

Our favorite thing to do is eat at Applebarn, and drive through Cade's cove and hike there a little. We actually saw an adolescent black bear and got his picture at the end of the trail at Cade's Cove back in 2008 at the end of July. He was so cute, but yes I know he could bite me! We still got a picture though :-) We also love going to what everyone was calling the watering hole where we had a picnic and the kids waded in the mountain stream!

To prove how much we love Cade's Cove, we had a baby last June. If it were a boy, his name was going to be Cade, but since we ended up having a girl after 3 boys, we named her Caydee :-)

Mississippi
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who is your favorite cabin rental company and activity?

oops cabinfevervacations.com is the correct address! sorry!

Edited: 27 January 2010, 19:22
Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Who is your favorite cabin rental company and activity?

Cabin rental would be Colonial Properties or either Sunset Cottage, it depends on the time of year and the amount of people that go.... we fell in love with 1 particular cabin from each company and we consider them our home!! Activity would definitely be Cades Cove, my husband and I are both vivid outdoorsmen/women, we farm back home and have a crop damage problem with deer, crows, wild hogs, etc.......but we love to go there and enjoy the wildlife where they aren't causing any trouble and the trails and historic homes/buildings.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
143 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who is your favorite cabin rental company and activity?

We have rented from three cabin rental companies in Pigeon Forge. The one we love is Smoky Cove Rentals. Their cabins are by far the most beautiful I have seen anywhere and spotlessly clean. The people who handle them are extremely nice and go out of their way to accommodate you. One of the other cabin rental companies we used was a disaster. I don't want to name them here on an open forum, but if you want to send me a private message, I'll be glad to share the name with you. Our favorite activities to do while there are hiking in the mountains and eating. :o)

7. Re: Who is your favorite cabin rental company and activity?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge