We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Columbus, MS
2 posts
Save Topic

We are coming in March, has anyone ever stayed at Sky Rider Log Cabin ? This is out first time to stay in a cabin any advice on what to bring. Thanks

Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin

I usually never like the skillets...always seem to be the wrong size, or things stick, so we have gotten used to taking our own skillet. Other than that we have usually been able to make do with whatever there is.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin

Here's a link with some great ideas. There's a link in one of the posts on this thread that has the most extensive packing list I've ever seen, so be sure to click on the link on this thread.

Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin

All of the cabins that I have stayed in generally have all of the basic cooking supplies/untensils. If I plan on cooking a special meal or entree then I will take my own dishes that I use for those (you can make do with what they have). Seasonings, sugar, flours, condiments, coffee etc. I bring or buy when I get there a little extra dish soap and hand towels/dish rags & extra paper towels (paper plates/bowls & plastic spoons)! As for the bedding everything is supplied extra blankets and pillows. The bathroom only has a couple towels, wash cloths, and hand towels (extras can be got from rental office some offices do charge) I always take some of my own because we use a lot of towels and washcloths! I take some hand soap and extra toilet paper just in case. I always bring my shampoos, conditioners, soaps, lotions, hairdryer, curling iron, razor, toothbrush/paste (personal hygiene items that I use at home). If you forget something, Wal-mart isn't far and there are grocery stores close as well. Enjoy your trip!

4. Re: Cabin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 06:18
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor