We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

We used to stay at Music Road Inn all the time, but we got bored with it. Last year we stayed at Riverstone Resort and Hampton Inn on the River. I would like to stay somewhere new and clean because I am very picky. We have a 2 year old and a 3 year old. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

Not sure when you were planning to take your vacation but there is a brand new Springhill Suites opening up very soon. 'It's on Christmas Tree Lane and Teaster Lane. That would definitely be clean!

Although it's not brand new, when I stayed at The Inn at Christmas Place in October, it was very clean and the bed were extremely comfortable. You children would enjoy the singing Santa concert in the evening. I don't think he's there every night though so you'd have to check before booking.

Hope you find what you are looking for and have a great trip.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

Take a couple minutes to see how Pigeon Forge visitors and readers of T.A. have ranked hotels in Pigeon Forge by clicking "Pigeon Forge Hotels" in the upper LEFT section of this page. There you'll see the hotels ranked by reviews given them by people who have stayed there and you can read their comments on them as well. It looks like the Christmas Inn is number one at the moment.

Chris

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

There is a new Clarion that is close to opening. It is in Walden's Landing. I believe that they are shooting for an April opening. Info is available at www.discoverthesmokies.com. Look either in the news section or lodging.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

Thanks for the suggestions. I have wanted to stay at The Christmas Place Inn, but it always seems to be booked when we're down that way. Springhill Suites look great! I've tried the number listed on the site, but can't seem to get an answer, but I'll keep trying. Maybe we'll try the Clarion. We're planning on going in either April or May, so hopefully either the Springhill Suites or the Clarion will be open and have some availability at that time. Thanks again!!

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

Thats gives us some options also thanks for the information. I have always wanted to stay at the Christmas Inn but look so expensive I dont see giving over 100.00 a night when I can take that money and get a cabin, under 100.00 we are there. Anyone else think over 100.00 a night for a hotel is expensive? Esp in this economy I like to have extra money to spend while we are up there.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

Peanut, if you ever stayed at Inn at Christmas Place you would think it was worth every penny!!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

Someday, probably at Christmas time, I would like to stay at the Christmas Inn with my grandson, but the rest of the time, I just want a hotel room to sleep in. I will take the money not spent on an expensive room and use it to eat out at a restaurant, see a show, shop, etc. I have a nice house, why do I need to stay at an expensive hotel while on vacation?

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

I for one don't have any problems paying over $100 a night for a hotel room and probably 95% of the time I do. I tried to go the cheap route last fall and was so disappointed in my hotel room. I agree with Sunshine...The Inn at Christmas Place is worth every penny and maybe even more. I paid $159 for my room and was extremely happy! I felt like I was staying in someone's home instead of a hotel. To me (and this is my opinion) I feel like part of the vacation is staying in a nice place. Like Wellsms and probably most of the people on this forum, I have a nice house, too but I want some place nice when I am away from home. Just like some people like to cook and clean in a cabin on vacation (not for me), I like a little bit of luxury when I am on vacation. :o) Like the OP, I'm a little picky and like to stay in newer and especially clean places and that's hard to find in the cheaper hotels.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

Just an added note...I DO realize some people can't afford the higher price hotels and that's ok. Since I always am traveling alone, the rest of my vacation is very inexpensive since I am not having to spend so much on food, etc so that's probably why I don't mind paying a higher price for accommodations.

right over your...
Level Contributor
962 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anywhere new and interesting to stay?

itlepeanut, I am with you. Why pay so much when I am not there but to sleep. If I spent my time in the hotel maybe but I am in the park.

Edited: 16 March 2010, 04:20
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge